Wheel alignment

Ericc1995

Used the alignment lines on the chain adjusters when putting my back wheel back on after removing it to clean the swingarm properly. When i took it back out it felt really wonky, it was quite unsettling.

I measured between the swingarm pivot and axel nuts on both sides and the chain side 5mm less.

Could 5mm really be enough to that much trouble, i will sort it before i use it again but we are still locked up atm.

Used the alignment lines on the chain adjusters when putting my back wheel back on after removing it to clean the swingarm properly. When i took it back out it felt really wonky, it was quite unsettling.

I measured between the swingarm pivot and axel nuts on both sides and the chain side 5mm less.

Could 5mm really be enough to that much trouble, i will sort it before i use it again but we are still locked up atm.

Well you noticed it so sounds like a yes, double check everything you did is OK then re set rear wheel.

This is the reason you shouldn't rely on markings on swing arm

Got to agree with [mention]Bender[/mention] I was always told not to trust the Marks.

Loved my Ducati Darmahs as the whole swing arm moved on an eccentric shaft from the pivot point so in theory was always in perfect alignment.

Then had to ask myself if it was that good why was the SS different lol.

Cheers

Ian

I use this. https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=69916&p=1087371&hilit=wheel+alignment+laser#p1087371