Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Good afternoon! 

Went to Asda for a food shop in my lunch hour. Overheard a massive fight which followed me around the store, between young couple with a baby. Started with what looked like him trying to buy some sausage rolls, and she was ranting about the cost of the shop he was adding to. 

I was on his side for the "The first I'm hearing of it, you're yelling at me, objectively I haven't done anything wrong" although I don't know why he looked surprised he got more yelling at in response. But the one that made me cringe was when it had settled, and she picked up a small luxury item for herself and when he asked what it was, he said sarcastically "oh so one rule for thee, but not for me eh?". The shop echoed with "IT'S JUST THE ONE THING YOU PR**K". 

Even I wouldn't have pushed that button. The joys of shopping in Trafford I guess :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Good morning!

Me and my girlfriend watched the dispatches episode about Russell Brand last night... Anyone else watch it, and any thoughts?

Always hated him growing up, and can easily believe at the height of his womanising he said all sorts to get girls into bed and used his fame, but found myself on the fence after that documentary. I'm now waiting for the defence, and any further allegations to come out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fozzie said:

Good morning!

Me and my girlfriend watched the dispatches episode about Russell Brand last night... Anyone else watch it, and any thoughts?

Always hated him growing up, and can easily believe at the height of his womanising he said all sorts to get girls into bed and used his fame, but found myself on the fence after that documentary. I'm now waiting for the defence, and any further allegations to come out. 

Didn't watch it but seen lots of comment online. It's very polarised on social media with people either condemning him to guilt or espousing a conspiracy about the 'elites' trying to shut him down. The people suggesting guilt seem the far more reasoned side of the argument. 

Obviously haven't seen it but as I always found him to be a total arse I think its quite possible he is guilty of everything. That said I don't think the court of public opinion is the way to go. Still I'd get a feeling of satisfaction if he got "cancelled ". Biter bit and all that.

Edited by S-Westerly
  • Like 4

Past few weeks at work have reminded me so of the Peter principle. 

As a reminder:

The Peter principle is a concept in management developed by Laurence J. Peter which observes that people in a hierarchy tend to rise to "a level of respective incompetence"

1 hour ago, goat said:

Didn't watch it but seen lots of comment online. It's very polarised on social media with people either condemning him to guilt or espousing a conspiracy about the 'elites' trying to shut him down. The people suggesting guilt seem the far more reasoned side of the argument. 

Me and my girlfriend agree he's "guilty", but the exact details of what are outstanding. I think it's very likely he groomed people, and abused his position, as well as generally behaved like a piece of sh*t. But rape is a major accusation, and only in one of the stories did he actively go through with the act, and it had details that raised a lot of questions, especially the fact there was a witness in the other room. So for now, while he really is not my cup of tea, I'm waiting for a bit of cross-examining.

People online are being polarised as usual. But I don't see how both sides can't be both at least partially right. It is at least a little suspicious that he bashes the mainstream media, and one of the big players launches an investigation into him. While they might be right about him, I worry about what that type of power in an organisation could be used for in the wrong hands.

Happy(?) Friday

First week back since nearly a week off, although it was partly for work. Just found out we are losing one of our other lead engineers, I really liked working with her, and it furthers a lot of my frustrations with my company. Vented my frustrations to my team principle. 

Also found out I work well with a few contractors a lot of people in my company call "difficult". What makes it odd is it's for reasons that in the past have caused me to really bang heads with people. The "my way is the best way" people, who turn a shade of purple when you pull out the regs on them. Wonder if I've finally become someone worth sucking up to :lol: 

• Haha 1