Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

On 07/03/2022 at 06:32, dynax said:

Good morning :thumb:

Went to Brid and it was a really nice run albeit a tad windy at times. Rode down into the harbour parking area, no motorcycle bays okay fair enough, but where the heck are you supposed to display a ticket securely on a bike ? Most places I have visited have free motorcycle parking and usually dedicated bays no such luck here. At that point I lost my enthusiasm for wetting a line and decided to move on, Took the coast road heading towards Hornsea and called in at Ulrome and Atwick just to reccy the area for future trips where I am geared up for beach fishing instead of off the pier. I got the balance just right as well between gear and stability and weight on the bike :thumb:

There is dedicated parking you just never went to it :lol:

13 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

I'm married and have been for +40 years but everyone is different. I'd not want to feel I was pressurised into a relationship. My son was in a long term relationship where there was pressure on him to get married. The woman in question though put pressure on him to change his occupation from Naval Aviator. He pushed back a bit and the relationship imploded and he walked away. Funnily enough he bounced into another relationship with no pressure on him at all. Within a year he jacked the RN from his own choice as he was fed up after 5 years of constant deployment. A year after that he was married and 3 more later has 2 kids and seems as happy as a pig in poo.

Bet his ex wasn't much too happy to see him do all that :lol:

I've done the reverse, with no pressure I drift away from the idea, but maybe this explains the recent questioning, they thought I'd go the other way. 

Good morning! I'm going back in the office to do actual work for the first time since 2020 on Thursday. This working from home lark was getting a bit monotonous, but I'm also trying to get a company car, and all they offer are electric models. One is the Polestar 2, which I quite fancy, and the best bit is that as we build power generation sets and test them at a factory attached to the office, we can charge the cars up for free as the load helps ramp the generators up further without exporting too much. 

So if I can get a 300 mile range car, I'm in with a shout of some seriously cheap motoring. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Bet his ex wasn't much too happy to see him do all that :lol:

I've done the reverse, with no pressure I drift away from the idea, but maybe this explains the recent questioning, they thought I'd go the other way. 

Good morning! I'm going back in the office to do actual work for the first time since 2020 on Thursday. This working from home lark was getting a bit monotonous, but I'm also trying to get a company car, and all they offer are electric models. One is the Polestar 2, which I quite fancy, and the best bit is that as we build power generation sets and test them at a factory attached to the office, we can charge the cars up for free as the load helps ramp the generators up further without exporting too much. 

So if I can get a 300 mile range car, I'm in with a shout of some seriously cheap motoring. 

Polestars look great believe based on volvo at the moment but will be some UK production at some point 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

Polestars look great believe based on volvo at the moment but will be some UK production at some point 

They look great, but I hear they fall quite short of the range they reckon they can do. 

There are cheaper options like the Hyundai Kona electric. Where I can get the "ultimate" version for almost half the cost of the Polestar 2's basic version. Similar power output as well. And I'd have more money free for bikes, and a boot still big enough to ferry frames to powder coaters :lol:

6 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

They look great, but I hear they fall quite short of the range they reckon they can do. 

There are cheaper options like the Hyundai Kona electric. Where I can get the "ultimate" version for almost half the cost of the Polestar 2's basic version. Similar power output as well. And I'd have more money free for bikes, and a boot still big enough to ferry frames to powder coaters :lol:

My brother had the ioniq great car then swapped for a tesla worst decision ever loads of issues but he and his with are more into keeping up with the jones's

30 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

My brother had the ioniq great car then swapped for a tesla worst decision ever loads of issues but he and his with are more into keeping up with the jones's

My uncle did the reverse, was going for the Tesla but saw sense and got the Hyundai Kona. 

And I've done the similar previously, I was looking at BMW 2/3 series, Audi A3/TT, and got a Ford Fiesta ST. It has loads more kit, and the 1.5 engine got rave reviews. Never regretted my choice, so hopefully wouldn't if I got the Hyundai... But I do like that Polestar :lol:

First world problems eh?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fozzie said:

My lad got  Tesla 3 with the longer range as company car. He gets to recharge for free at work so its basically free commuting for him. He's gone as far as Manchester from Bristol in it on a single charge. Only issue he had was recharging in Manchester half of the chargers were bust. Not so keen myself but then I'm an old fart.

Edited by S-Westerly
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

My lad got  Tesla 3 with the longer range as company car. He gets to recharge for free at work so its basically free commuting for him. He's gone as far as Manchester from Bristol in it on a single charge. Only issue he had was recharging in Manchester half of the chargers were bust. Not so keen myself but then I'm an old fart.

The Tesla has the best range, but I've heard it suffers with build quality. Hopefully your son has a good one!

I've heard the complaint about the charge points, all the managers at my place complain that they arrive at a services and someone eventually comes over to say "Sorry mate, these haven't worked for 6 months". 

Really need the big wigs, BP, Shell, and the supermarkets to jump on the electricity band wagon. Also is good for my business, as they come knocking for a more effective way to buy electricity, by making it themselves. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fozzie said:

The Tesla has the best range, but I've heard it suffers with build quality. Hopefully your son has a good one!

I've heard the complaint about the charge points, all the managers at my place complain that they arrive at a services and someone eventually comes over to say "Sorry mate, these haven't worked for 6 months". 

Really need the big wigs, BP, Shell, and the supermarkets to jump on the electricity band wagon. Also is good for my business, as they come knocking for a more effective way to buy electricity, by making it themselves. 

The build quality seems OK but he doesn't really care as its a company lease so if it breaks he would just get another one. Lucky sod.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NeilM said:

@dynaxyou need to ride down to the entrance, turn right into the carpark and then ride back up towards the road.

oh and then head across said road for fish n chips....

Thanks Neil :thumb:

10 hours ago, Stu said:

Thanks Stu, I didn't go to that one, I went to the one just to the right and down the slope, I know now though :thumb:

• Like 1

Good afternoon!

This week has dragged on a bit, just want to get working in the garage and only managed a couple of hours. Blew up a relay, after I wired it into my garages power panel, it had been damaged in postage and there was a short across it. Bits of semi-conductor everywhere. 

Was in the office earlier and it's like the 6 month after shot of a zombie apocalypse, everything looted, ceiling panels missing, flickering lights. Kept thinking "Has this place fallen apart, or did I just not notice when it was full of people?"

• Like 1