Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Good afternoon!

A good weekend has turned into a weird week so far. Went for a hike with my girlfriend and 4 of her friends, fortunately there was another bloke whose showing an interest in bikes. The conversion has begun. Got to do some rock climbing up Stanage edge. 

Then back to reality, work is more intense than usual. And then a few relationship dramas landed, a couple in a mental health group I'm part of, and one with my girlfriends friend group. Having to help enlist legal help for what genuinely appears like accidental bigamy, and with the other, they've annoyed me as I warned them about how their situation would develop, they said it wouldn't, and now they are firmly in the thick of it. 

It's a strange week so far :lol:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, S-Westerly said:

I shouldn't ask but how exactly would you get into accidental bigamy?

At 19 she married a 31 year old, it broke down within a month because he'd been in the messages of a couple of her uni peers who outed him. She initiated the divorce and wanted it over as quickly as she could, got the paperwork, and restarted her search for a partner. 

At age 25, she marries, and has two kids. But at age 34 is now splitting from this husband as he's started making silly money, and wants to split time between the UK, USA, and Hong Kong, with the kids being schooled locally. She initially agreed, but changed her mind, wanting to keep her kids rooted in the UK until they are older. It caused a big rift, and she's divorcing him.

He's got the money for a good legal team, so they've been instructed to seek a custody deal that allows him to travel with the kids (very unlikely to win), but while doing so uncovered that the first divorce was issued days before the 1 year anniversary of the first marriages anniversary. Legally, you can't divorce until after the 1st anniversary of the wedding, meaning while the court missed it, it's up to you to make sure it's all correct. And the 19 year old at the time, hadn't realised this. So she's technically still married to a guy she's not seen in nearly 15 years. 

It's looking likely a small custodial sentence will follow now (maybe a few months), and the husband did back off the legal fight as he only wanted to use it to leverage a better custody deal, not land his wife in prison. The wife has approached a member of a group I'm in, who passed it onto me as I know a few legal types who deal with more niche problems.

I've read a lot of case law and it seems she's in trouble. Currently trying to see if the original D36 form can have the date amended, it's only 6 days short and cures the whole problem. But in my experience, family law courts are as near to a kangaroo court as it gets. They love to throw the book around. 

• Sad 3

... But on a cheerier note, my girlfriend heard this story and the single detail that she prioritised was:

"And how did she convince two guys to marry her, but I can't even get one" with a piercing glare. 

I retreated quickly. :seeya:

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Fozzie said:

At 19 she married a 31 year old, it broke down within a month because he'd been in the messages of a couple of her uni peers who outed him. She initiated the divorce and wanted it over as quickly as she could, got the paperwork, and restarted her search for a partner. 

At age 25, she marries, and has two kids. But at age 34 is now splitting from this husband as he's started making silly money, and wants to split time between the UK, USA, and Hong Kong, with the kids being schooled locally. She initially agreed, but changed her mind, wanting to keep her kids rooted in the UK until they are older. It caused a big rift, and she's divorcing him.

He's got the money for a good legal team, so they've been instructed to seek a custody deal that allows him to travel with the kids (very unlikely to win), but while doing so uncovered that the first divorce was issued days before the 1 year anniversary of the first marriages anniversary. Legally, you can't divorce until after the 1st anniversary of the wedding, meaning while the court missed it, it's up to you to make sure it's all correct. And the 19 year old at the time, hadn't realised this. So she's technically still married to a guy she's not seen in nearly 15 years. 

It's looking likely a small custodial sentence will follow now (maybe a few months), and the husband did back off the legal fight as he only wanted to use it to leverage a better custody deal, not land his wife in prison. The wife has approached a member of a group I'm in, who passed it onto me as I know a few legal types who deal with more niche problems.

I've read a lot of case law and it seems she's in trouble. Currently trying to see if the original D36 form can have the date amended, it's only 6 days short and cures the whole problem. But in my experience, family law courts are as near to a kangaroo court as it gets. They love to throw the book around. 

Jayzus! Poor lass.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rennie said:

Good Morning :classic_biggrin: wet and miserable here today!

I didn't get any of the jobs I went for this week :scratch:

Oh well, back to the drawing board I suppose, onwards and upwards I hope :classic_biggrin:

It's a lot of work is job hunting. 

2 hours ago, rennie said:

Good Morning :classic_biggrin:

I've already applied for a job this morning :classic_biggrin:

( and dealt with about 100 emails from agencies)

Got to love agencies. One keeps sending my partner a job translating Danish, even though she doesn't speak a word of the language. They've sent it to her three times now.