Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Thanks chaps. Looking forward to growing into the new role. 

For quite a while, I've been doing the job of a principal as I've largely backed off on the "design" side of things. And I'm getting involved on numerous projects, and taking on the big issues the designers hit in their projects with regulatory compliance, client issues, or consultants pit against us. I've been batting off people with "principal" and "consultant" in their job title for quite a while now so it's good to get the recognition. 

• Like 2

On 04/06/2024 at 16:39, RideWithStyles said:

work in parts of an very old factory that have leaky areas/hot/cold/damp and old machines older than me that draw way more power than what you have there that dont do that....just saying something isnt right.

It's not the power that cause it, it's a bad connection, too slack or too tight and it's cut through some of the strands, 

The badly trained numpties fitting smart meters were blamed for many a dead du and the odd fire.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Bender said:

It's not the power that cause it, it's a bad connection, too slack or too tight and it's cut through some of the strands, 

The badly trained numpties fitting smart meters were blamed for many a dead du and the odd fire.

thats what i said.

its not the power solely (unless the wiring is at fault in this case) as most of the machines at place i work at 400+ in a old building and thats way off the onsite substation, which makes our electricians pay attention when working on them. thats to refer to a previous post.

ITS FRIDAY YEY!!!

19 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Smug mode is engaged.  I got my crappy old laptop to run Windows 11. So the need to purchase a new computer can be deferred.  

My laptop was bought ready to upgrade to W11 which it did. Bought quite a while ago. I'm getting messages telling me they will not continue with updates after Oct I think. So even though I'm running W11 now not sure how it will go later this year.

Good excuse to go see one of my sons the tech savvy one, he puts me right with this stuff.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nick the wanderer said:

My laptop was bought ready to upgrade to W11 which it did. Bought quite a while ago. I'm getting messages telling me they will not continue with updates after Oct I think. So even though I'm running W11 now not sure how it will go later this year.

Good excuse to go see one of my sons the tech savvy one, he puts me right with this stuff.

There are several YouTube videos how to get updates on machines past the date Microsoft want you to continue to use them. 

4 hours ago, Nick the wanderer said:

I've turned the internet off on my desktop work pc, it's great, no updates, no constant re boots, no notifications 😂 

• Like 2

I'm on my phone now but I still use my appx. 10 year old Toshiba laptop to do certain things, it's just done a Windows 10 update which seems to be fine atm. We'll see 🙄

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rennie said:

I'm on my phone now but I still use my appx. 10 year old Toshiba laptop to do certain things, it's just done a Windows 10 update which seems to be fine atm. We'll see 🙄

Good luck with that 😂 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

First job this morning before setting off for the Dave Myers ride - put the thermal linings back in my kit. 🥶

You'll soon be removing those.. 

Have a great day. 

1 hour ago, Grumpy Old Git said:

Got a little damp riding to a Tag.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

That's a bugger, we're not geographically fat from you, haven't had a drop. 

• Confused 1