Herald Classis New Bike Leak *SOLVED*

Bludoggo

Hi all,

I took delivery of a new Herald Classic 125 and everything seemed fine with it, this morning I spotted a leak which seems to be coming from a pipe towards the belly of the bike. I am completely new to bikes so what is it? Please see pictures for clarity :D

On the last picture it's the middle pipe

Thanks!

*solved*

Contacted Herold and they have said it's an "overflow pipe for the fuel system" :)

Thanks for all the comments

IMG_20201113_120057_1.thumb.jpg.811416f755a4d3359f235e3ff56981ba.jpg

IMG_20201113_120100.thumb.jpg.df7016d04ceab66684e33c60f53b7371.jpg

IMG_20201113_120114.thumb.jpg.185f91388e51f3b1c4162858be7b7d7d.jpg

IMG_20201113_120122.thumb.jpg.09b7fa761cbb48544c9c67c6b07b8fdc.jpg

IMG_20201113_120129.thumb.jpg.c51d3cf333afabdaad0a34885105cacb.jpg

Edited by Bludoggo

Smell it and feel it, that will give you some indication of what it might be, then trace it backwards to see where it goes, as has been said though, more likely to be a drain for something than an actual leak :thumb:

Have you checked the manual. Sometimes pipes in that area are drainage. What is leaking from it? It doesn't look like oil. It may just be water draining from somewhere like the air filter.

Or, if the bike has stood in the rain.. the fuel cap normally has its own drain pipe to carry water away that might get into the fuel.

Have you checked the manual. Sometimes pipes in that area are drainage. What is leaking from it? It doesn't look like oil. It may just be water draining from somewhere like the air filter.

Hiya, I've checked the manual but it doesn't really give any indication as to what it is. It's not oil but it doesn't smell like water :?

The brake fluid level is fine so doesn't seem to be connected to that.. I can't see where the pipe goes as it disappears in the centre of the bike right in between the battery and a load of other stuff (technical term). Worth taking to a garage before riding?

Smell it and feel it, that will give you some indication of what it might be, then trace it backwards to see where it goes, as has been said though, more likely to be a drain for something than an actual leak :thumb:

I hope so! only just got the thing haha

Or, if the bike has stood in the rain.. the fuel cap normally has its own drain pipe to carry water away that might get into the fuel.

Bike hasn't been in the rain just yet but that's good to know thank you

It looks like a breather pipe . It's probably just spitting out a bit of assembly oil and condensation . I wouldn't worry about it .

ooh I hope so, it doesn't smell like water or anything so that would be the best outcome, thanks