Ever have one of these? Any good?

Slowlycatchymonkey

Guest Swagman

Probably be ok for a while but I think the water temp will go off so the tea won’t brew properly and leave a foamy surface, our son had a Tefal type and it did the same tea tasted crap in the end.

Remember these things from back in the 70`s and 80`s when my parents had them because Dad got up at stooped o`clock to go into Covent Garden Market.

Always very noisy and slowly deteriorate.

I think the most reliable ones were made by a firm called Goblin (Stop laughing at the back) Don't know if they are still around, why don`t you just get another butler or tell local gym not to admit any of your family without evidence of tea serving prior to arrival.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

Remember these things from back in the 70`s and 80`s when my parents had them because Dad got up at stooped o`clock to go into Covent Garden Market.

Always very noisy and slowly deteriorate.

I think the most reliable ones were made by a firm called Goblin (Stop laughing at the back) Don't know if they are still around, why don`t you just get another butler or tell local gym not to admit any of your family without evidence of tea serving prior to arrival.

Cheers

Ian

Ah yes, the brilliant marketing ploy of the Goblin Teasmade. No longer made though.

Edited by Mississippi Bullfrog

Well this morning it was marvellous. Woken by dreams of the being in coffee shop due to the noise only to find the the shop was next to my bed and I didn’t have to go anywhere to get it!

Instructions very clear about the deterioration, BIG map on box lid of water quality in different areas with instructions on the regularity of de scaling needed if you live in a red area. I was instantly irritated by the coloured map as I thought a Covid infection rate map had somehow been linked to tea drinking 😆

I would ring the gym for assistance with the tea delivery but the gym is some weights n exercise machines in an damp empty unit in the yard so my screams go unheard 😆