XTreme is a Gammon thread

Bender

Message added by Tiggie,

This is @XTremes thread not @Benders

3 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

Would it up my credibility if I said I was dual booting with FreeBSD? :classic_cool:

You still paid Apple prices for the hardware, so nah, doesn't really do you any favors.

Edited by RantMachine
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

Would it up my credibility if I said I was dual booting with FreeBSD? :classic_cool:

No! The whole Linux/BSD movement basically ground to a halt around 2012. It just hasn't moved forward......in fact most Distros have probably gone backwards.

I still run Mint on two of my older secondary computers.....but the main one uses Win 10.

As much as it pains me to say it, it's the most agile OS there's ever been.

@XTreme I haven't really used Windows much past 7 so cant comment :lol:   I kept a partition spare with 7 on for a few years as my old cctv cameras software was windows only but once I upgraded the cctv I got rid.

For what I use computers for nowadays (browsing, banking, music, photos etc) I am happy enough with Mac OS. I just don't have the interest in them that I used to and cant be bothered with faffing about anymore.

When I worked in Computing ( Network builds and installs in Schools) it was mainly 98 on the desktop and NT4 Or Win2000 on the server side. and I would be running different flavours of Linux on my home machine as I was convinced it would soon be what we all would use, that was 22 years ago :lol:  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

I haven't really used Windows much past 7

I've had W10 on this system for 2 years! Not one error message, not one boot failure, not one blue screen of death. It just works!

There is no comparison with previous versions whatsoever where I seemed to spend most of my time keeping them running.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I've had W10 on this system for 2 years! Not one error message, not one boot failure, not one blue screen of death. It just works!

There is no comparison with previous versions whatsoever where I seemed to spend most of my time keeping them running.

yeah im on w10 and it seems to run smoothly enough

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Ohhh is this a divergence, I can get @Tiggie to use his abacus and split it into its own thread, you won't get credit for it though as he lost some of the beads so any user may get the first post.

• Haha 1

Guest Swagman
44 minutes ago, Stu said:

Jesus! 

I have a busy day so can't keep an eye on here and we end up with a sack of shite thread like this! 

I give up! 

@XTremehas won TOTY for that wall of text! :lol:

Yeah it was shite Stu, and you’re mods just let it go, wouldn’t have happened if Six, aww feck it I’m starting to sound like that twat in Spain.🤣🤣

Guest Swagman
2 hours ago, XTreme said:

It represents Bender and Tiggie you senile old bellend!

Now get to bed with your mug of Horlicks!

Do they still make Horlicks you old coot.

9 hours ago, Stu said:

Jesus! 

I have a busy day so can't keep an eye on here and we end up with a sack of shite thread like this! 

I give up! 

@XTremehas won TOTY for that wall of text! :lol:

The wall of text was a copy and paste because people couldn't access the link you bellend!

Get back in the bus......

driving chris farley GIF

Guest Swagman
1 minute ago, XTreme said:

I used to love Ovaltine.......you could make a milkshake out of it too!

I like a nice hot chocolate once a day would drink more but have to watch the sugar content.👍