XTreme is a Gammon thread

Bender

Message added by Tiggie,

This is @XTremes thread not @Benders

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

No.....not at all! It spooked me a bit at the time......she was an old gypsy woman. Told me he was there as my Guardian Angel to protect me from harm.

And looking back on situations that have happened in my life......particularly the car and motorcycle crash numbers......as the years went by I took it a lot more seriously.

As I have literally crawled from the wreckage without a scratch. There's on thread on here somewhere referencing these pileups!

She also said I would only have sons.......and I eventually would marry a girl with dark hair who would have health issues in later life.

Well in 1976 I married a redhead, so I thought she got that wrong. But I had 3 sons with her.

However, in 1987 I did marry a dark haired girl and had 2 more sons. And I think you know about her ongoing battle with osteoarthritis over the last 5 years.

There were other things she said.....have to try and think back.

Oh xtreme you sweet precious thing, she just wanted to get in your pants, did she perchance have dark hair and two grubby sons swinging off her apron? 🤣

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Oh xtreme you sweet precious thing, she just wanted to get in your pants, did she perchance have dark hair and two grubby sons swinging off her apron? 🤣

She was about 60! :classic_unsure:

From me? Umm no I have no problem with the other worldly type.
I do have a hefty cynicism for scammers and people in pubs talking bollo tho.
I’ve met many genuine psychic types and ex multi billionaires in pub settings or occasionally someone claiming they’re still a multi billionaire 😆

• Like 1

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

From me? Umm no I have no problem with the other worldly type.
I do have a hefty cynicism for scammers and people in pubs talking bollo tho.
I’ve met many genuine psychic types and ex multi billionaires in pub settings or occasionally someone claiming they’re still a multi billionaire 😆

She didn't ask for money or anything......she talked for a while then went back to sit down by her table.

So there was no angle.......and a lot of what she said has turned out correct.

1 hour ago, husoi said:

Of course I miss it.

Still remember complaining about the cold when was 15c :lol: 

And thinking that I was going to die when it was 8c :thumb: 

riding 365 days a year (or almost)

I lived in Lisbon (Almada on the south side of the river to be more precise) all my life and it is a superb place with the most friendly people.

Except when tourist behave like eegits, then they get ignored :D 

Back in the good old days Lisnave  drydocks were just across the river on the south side. Spent many happy evenings  in small bars where they grilled sardines over charcoal and washed down with lots of vinho verde.

Guest Swagman
2 hours ago, XTreme said:

You have to crash to know the limits Swagman.......ask Marc Marquez!

My limit is keeping the bike the right way up, I must have a guardian angel on my shoulder.😀😀

57 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Oh absolutely! The sincere ones are deluded and the rest of them are charlatans.

:classic_biggrin:

My other half reserves a very entertaining line for deluded zealots that I think you’d enjoy a lot.

He joins in with them on whatever nonsense they’re spouting, they will then let rip their full blown loony theories which he will agree with and take them a step further getting more and more outlandish until eventually they’ve stepped way beyond even the mad stuff they believe. They’ll be nodding away heartily agreeing “quite right, yes yes exactly” until suddenly it dawns on them they’ve agreed it’s a good idea to amputate thieves arms or send single mothers to prison.
The look on their face as it dawns on them what’s just happened is priceless. I reckon you’d rock that one 😂

Edited by Slowlycatchymonkey

58 minutes ago, XTreme said:

She didn't ask for money or anything......she talked for a while then went back to sit down by her table.

So there was no angle.......and a lot of what she said has turned out correct.

It could all be true because everything can be and there must have been something there more than coincidence for you to be convinced but from the outside it wanders into ghost story territory and that supernatural stuff is a marmite thing. 

Edited by Slowlycatchymonkey
I really must read what I write before posting 😆

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

My other half reserves a very entertaining line for deluded zealots that I think you’d enjoy a lot.

He joins in with them on whatever nonsense they’re spouting, they will then let rip their full blown loony theories which he will agree with and take them a step further getting more and more outlandish until eventually they’ve stepped way beyond even the mad stuff they believe. They’ll be nodding away heartily agreeing “quite right, yes yes exactly” until suddenly it dawns on them they’ve agreed it’s a good idea to amputate the thieves arms or send single mothers to prison.
The look on their face as it dawns on them what’s just happened is priceless. I reckon you’d rock that one 😂

What's wrong with amputation and sending single mothers to prison, being single shouldn't give you an automatic right to evade justice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1