Effing tyres

gymwitch

So i bought a pair of michelin street pilot tyres for cbr125  the front one says front and rear on it,  the back one says front on it. Now i cant find that size of tyre anywhere for love nor money for the rear ?? Whats the best thing to do. Ive had the front one fitted but taken the back one and the chap told ne its a front tyre 😔 soooo sick of this shit with tyres !!!!! Anyone want to buy a couple of bikes??

If I recall correctly, I'm sure the tyres are different sizes for the CBR125, are the ones you have the same sizes? Just had a look and found the undernoted (from Wiki):

2004-2010 Model:

Front Tyre: 80/90-17 Rear Tyre: 100/80-17

2011-2016 Model:

Front Tyre: 100/80-17 Rear Tyre: 130/70-17

• Like 1

The front / back one should have gone on the back and the front only one should have gone on the front . Just get them to swap them round and ask for a percentage refund for your inconvenience . And don't go there again .  I always check now before leaving the tyre fitters  because different Harleys have the disk and sprocket ( Pulley ) on opposite sides . Same with some Triumphs I believe . 

Edited by fastbob
  • Like 2

They are different sizes. It turns out that michelin dont make that size for the back....why !!!! 

Ive sent it back and had to get a bigger tyre. Absolutely sick of tyre issues !!! Fingers crossed that this one us ok. This one will do both front and back 🙄

On 19/12/2020 at 16:38, JackieOWheels said:

If I recall correctly, I'm sure the tyres are different sizes for the CBR125, are the ones you have the same sizes? Just had a look and found the undernoted (from Wiki):

2004-2010 Model:

Front Tyre: 80/90-17 Rear Tyre: 100/80-17

2011-2016 Model:

Front Tyre: 100/80-17 Rear Tyre: 130/70-17

Ues thats right. The back 100/80 17....michelin dont make that size for the rear so i found 110/80 17 thats universal....i then spent another hour finding out if universal means front and back. Nothing bloody easy is there !!! 🙄

• 2 weeks later...

Well impressed with these tyres !!! Changed the whole feel of the bike. Our road was like a skating rink last night to the point where i had both feet down skating to our drive and not a wobble from the bike. 

Feels balanced and sure footed and that weird intermittent feeling has gone. 😊 

• Like 2