Bender

2 minutes ago, Bender said:

Well it's just around the corner, hope you all make the best you can of the new-year.

fingers crossed 2021 is better for everyone.

i think it will start the same way this one finishes, pretty dodgy 

What a year!

Along came Covid........and turned our world upside down!

And to finish off the year on a high, tomorrow is our last day as European Citizens.

What's next? Alien Invasion? The return of The Antichrist? Nuclear War? The Royal Family exposing themselves as shape shifting reptiles?

The possibilities are endless really! It's an exciting time to be alive!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

What a year!

Along came Covid........and turned our world upside down!

And to finish off the year on a high, tomorrow is our last day as European Citizens.

What's next? Alien Invasion? The return of The Antichrist? Nuclear War? The Royal Family exposing themselves as shape shifting reptiles?

The possibilities are endless really! It's an exciting time to be alive!

yes aint it just 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Other thing is......how much time we got?

If we want to do something.......we have to do it now!

Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero,!

pluck the day, trusting as little as possible in the next one

Edited by KiwiBob
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, skyrider said:

you mean if we get housebound for months 

No......I mean how much longer are we going to be here.

Sometimes I look on FB for old friends from school etc.......and very often I find they're no longer with us.

Sort of like if you look for old friends when you're 50, you think what are they doing now?

When you're in your 60's, you think are they still alive?

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Sometimes I look on FB for old friends from school etc.......and very often I find they're no longer with us.

Sort of like if you look for old friends when you're 50, you think what are they doing now?

Spot on! One of my friends died 6 weeks ago and another is expected to go early in the new year! ... Both of them younger than me!

Just now, XTreme said:

yeah sometimes when i read the local rag i go to the despatched column first, perhaps it's just me being a miserable oik

No bike touring plans for 2021. 2020 proved that a plan is a waste of time (though planning is essential, to misquote some military leader or other). Having moved to Cumbria from Norfolk, I’m keen to continue my familiarity with the roads, lockdowns etc. permitting, a few days in Scotland - as a couple of the kids live around Glasgow we could couch surf at their place.

Away from the bike we’ll try to get a bit of time walking the Lakeland fells, and continue renovating the house.

If it goes really well then Switzerland on the bike, though I’m not holding my breathe.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, skyrider said:

gets a bit worrying doesn't it 

A mate of mine retired at 50 having watched so many people finish work, plan for retirement and then pop their clogs. He did occasional work as a motorcycle instructor, helped me out with my gardening when I had a two man job on but, otherwise, has lived a life unencumbered by work. 

I get a previous employer’s magazine for retired staff and I see former colleague’s names pop up in memoriam. My aim is to outlive the lot of them.

10 minutes ago, KiwiBob said:

Spot on! One of my friends died 6 weeks ago and another is expected to go early in the new year! ... Both of them younger than me!

Exactly.......I see so many people that I knew from my past have died. It's a real eye opener!

1 minute ago, Steve_M said:

A mate of mine retired at 50 having watched so many people finish work, plan for retirement and then pop their clogs. He did occasional work as a motorcycle instructor, helped me out with my gardening when I had a two man job on but, otherwise, has lived a life unencumbered by work. 

I get a previous employer’s magazine for retired staff and I see former colleague’s names pop up in memoriam. My aim is to outlive the lot of them.

How old are you Steve?

5 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

smart positive thinking