Nitron Rear shock

manxie49

Quick question .... Has anyone upgraded their suspension with a Nitron shock?? Ā I've read all the hype on the net but would be interested in knowing what people who have done this mod to their bike think .... More overtime needed before I do it so I want to make sure I get it rightĀ šŸ‘

Itā€™s the ā€˜go toā€™ upgrade for Africa Twin owners who canā€™t justify paying more than double for Ohlins. Iā€™ve not seen even one complaint or ā€œIā€™m disappointedā€ comment. Not used them myself, on my old GS I had Wilbers front and rear which are made to order based on riders weight and riding style. I was very pleased with them and will use them as and when I need to do this myself. So far Iā€™m fine with the OEM Showa. But once it starts to get tired....

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gerontious said:

Itā€™s the ā€˜go toā€™ upgrade for Africa Twin owners who canā€™t justify paying more than double for Ohlins. Iā€™ve not seen even one complaint or ā€œIā€™m disappointedā€ comment. Not used them myself, on my old GS I had Wilbers front and rear which are made to order based on riders weight and riding style. I was very pleased with them and will use them as and when I need to do this myself. So far Iā€™m fine with the OEM Showa. But once it starts to get tired....

Iā€™ve heard good things about Wilbers ..... I was under the impression that Nitron also made them up for your weight / use? I was looking at the Nitron R1 with remote pre load adjusterĀ 

I've got one on my ZXR750. It's definitely firmer and much less bouncy than the 20 odd year old original!

Ā 

The build quality is very goodĀ and it works well on the road and track.

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

I put the Nitron R1 on my Tiger. Also had the forks resprung. The difference was huge. Worth every penny. Until the bike was nicked šŸ¤£

Only thing I wasn't aware of was that the insurance would be more. They wanted an extra Ā£50.

• Like 1