Average speed cameras

Benmilky

Hi guys u have been an absolute idiot today I was speeding on a stretch of road and saw a sign for average speed cameras and looked for them but couldn't see any. So I opened up and went for it I won't say the speed but it was on a gsxr 750 and I was in top gear most of the road it was only as I slowed for an over take I spotted a camera then slowed down does anyone know if they are forward or rear facing ?

Most av. speed cams for normal roads as opposed to road works are nowadays designed to read the rear plate in order to catch motorbikes who happily ignored the front reading ones. Depends on how old they are.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

It's OK I figured it out! 

It looks like they are rear facing but its hard to say for definite :? 

I've looked at them from every angle and my feeling is that they are rear facing . Sorry . 

And remember ... it can depend on what distance they measure off may determine how many times your reported ... 

Ie may be over 2  camera length , may be over 3  etc ...

Edited by TimR
  • Sad 1

Hope you don’t get a ticket … since reading this I googled speed camera types. Never realised there were so many different types. I was particularly surprised by a camera referred to as DS2. Just a strip across the road and a short grey pole at either side. I’ve definitely seen these before. But had naively thought they just monitored traffic flow. Not the case!  Must be more observant in future!

• Like 1