2020 keeway k light

Nick1973

Just worth mentioning that alarms that are easy to fit are also easy to bypass. They also drain the battery and on smaller bikes with smaller batteries it doesn't take many days before the battery charge drops. So unless you use the bike every day or have it attached to a maintenance charger an alarm may cause you problems.

I have an alarm on my Honda but you can do just as well with a decent disc lock alarm. The batteries in them usually last about 3 months and they are quick to recharge. I have an Oxford XA14 and the alarm in that is not far off the volume of the alarm fitted on the Honda. You would probably need a smaller version for yours as the 14mm pin on the lock won't fit smaller discs, but it depends on the design of the disc.

It's always best to use two disc locks anyway so if you bought two alarmed ones the noise would be as good as a single fitted alarm plus you've got two disc locks in place. Then when you change bikes you keep the disc locks.

I've got an alarmed disc lock. I reckon it was the easiest and cheapest way to fit an alarm to the bike, and more effective than a fitted alarm, since it acts as a lock too.

2 hours ago, bonio said:

Mine's the Oxford XA14, too.

@bonio can you post a pic of it? I had a Oxford disc lock, not sure the model, but raindrops would set the damn thing off. I binned it in the end, but it would be nice to have a different one 

Funnily enough I've just bought a Kovix alarmed disc lock for my forthcoming venture to South Shields. Really just for when it's parked up during the day outside the Maritime Centre. Should be reasonably safe but......