Replacement for LCD Mileage recording on RE Himalayan.

I have a 2018 RE Himalayan, the LCD screen has failed as a result of moisture / condensation within the instrument binnacle.

Royal Enfield ignore all warranty claims and conversations around this subject while being fantastic in supporting other issues with the older bikes. 3 years old !!!!!

So how do i install an alternative milage recorder ?

Currently i am keeping a ride journal to record milage, but have averaged my milage from new into calendar based servicing ... 

Is there a simple odometer, mechanical or digital that can be fitted as an accessory ?

There must be a way ??????

I think there are some tried and tested adventure add on odos but not too familiar. I had the same issue with my RE Himalayan, rust on pannier racks and gear selector indicator issues. I had to threaten small claims court before the dealer sorted the issues RE UK are impossible to get hold of and Al MotoGB do is redirect you to the dealer. I ended up getting the issues rectified and selling. They didn't want to really hear from me at the NEC in 2019 when I went to their stand. Shame really they just need to sort their customer care. I know CooperB are really good and sort most issues for people. 

What about an aftermarket replacement? I changed my 600 screen due to similar issues (the digital clock swapped sides and the odometer went blank). It came from Spain, if I remember correctly, and cost less than a tenth of a OEM one. I will see if I can find their details 

Edited by billy sugger

Hi @Trooper74, not sure if any help because I've never seen the LCD dashboard for a RE himalayan, but the Honda VFR800/Blackbirds suffer with a LCD Dashboard problem, the speedo/tach still work, but the fuel gauge/mileage/temp/trip etc stop working.

On them it's easily fixed, because it's a printed circuit board in the back, if you can trace the feed from the Electrical plug to the LCD display, and just bypass with a wire fitted from the Electrical plug to the feed on the back of LCD display.

As I've said not sure if this is roughly the same problem as yours, also first one I had go wrong, started intermittently and every time it came back on the mileage had gone up!!!! It was still counting the Mileage even when it was off!!!!!

Had another chat with my dealers Manhattan Motorcycles of Sheffield  ....

They have sourced me a new set of clocks ... free of charge.

Not a warranty claim but a great result all the same ...

Thanks Manhattan ..

Royal Enfield still have to deal with the issue though...

• Like 1

Good that you have it sorted. RE won't answer you re the clocks issue it's the only model they have that style clock on and they still ain't sorted the moisture issue 3 years on. When I had mine the 2nd clock started misting when I part exd mine. Shame they can't sort these little niggles 

12 hours ago, MikeHorton said:

Good that you have it sorted. RE won't answer you re the clocks issue it's the only model they have that style clock on and they still ain't sorted the moisture issue 3 years on. When I had mine the 2nd clock started misting when I part exd mine. Shame they can't sort these little niggles 

There are more and more users of the new 650’s having the same problem .... bring back 70’s and 80’s Honda style mechanical clocks ...

• Like 1