Safe covered garage in glasgow

Roxnet

I went in July once, took a group sail training, the midges were horrendous. Within 24 hours most of the kids looked like the elephant man. 

I am told eating copious amounts of Marmite helps. Not sure if that's true but the guys who ran the site swore by it and the midges didn't seem to go for them. 

They say Avon Skin So Soft is the way to dodge the midges. I did buy some a while back, but we never had any trouble with them in September, so I never got to test it out. 

Thinking about it now, I should use it on Dunwich Heath in the summer; been eaten alive up there.

7 minutes ago, bonio said:

They say Avon Skin So Soft is the way to dodge the midges. I did buy some a while back, but we never had any trouble with them in September, so I never got to test it out. 

Thinking about it now, I should use it on Dunwich Heath in the summer; been eaten alive up there.

I've tried it but not sure about it. I've found Wilmas Nordic Summer to be pretty good, plus it smells of woodsmoke, like a proper woodsman.  You can also get 

Lifesystems Ex4 Anti Mosquito Clothing Treatment if you fancy dousing your clothing.

1 minute ago, Roxnet said:

Hey guys, you are terorizing me talking about this midges ..ticks?!?? 🤨

What if I use the repellent spray? Can help me?

Ttcks I've never had one in 50 odd yrs, midges are only a real pain if camping or walking if it's a bad place for them, you can buy midge hat with mesh 😂 

My wife got a tick on the Isle of Jura. Fortunately she didn't catch owt. Midges though, you need a midge net hat and repellent.  You'll look silly but better that than bitten to hell.

I mention ticks as an awareness thing since lymes is a nasty disease. Just be aware, if you've been out hiking/ camping then check yourself for them, be aware of the symptoms of Lymes. 

17 hours ago, goat said:

I mention ticks as an awareness thing since lymes is a nasty disease. Just be aware, if you've been out hiking/ camping then check yourself for them, be aware of the symptoms of Lymes. 

Thanks. This kind of information are very helpful. Iwill pay attention. 

• Like 1