Sinnis

Pont560

Didn't I say some time back in another thread , join a FB group about the bike you are interested in ? 😁👍

There are 14 Varadero 125's on eBay including a £450 project bike . Most are on auction and are already past one and a half grand . 

Chinese bikes? No thanks.

If you buy a second hand Japanese 125 and look after it you'll get back most of what you paid when you come to sell. Not so with a Chinese bike which might look cheap when new but will be almost worthless second hand.

The second issue is back-up: The Chinese have no manufacturer presence in the UK. The bikes are mainly imported by the dealers, so if your dealer goes bust or is simply rubbish then you have no backup.

And good luck getting spares for a bike of which only a handful were ever imported.

So yes, they look cheap new but could quite easily end up as an expensive paperweight.

• Like 1

They are basically a Chinese company operating out of Brighton. So pretending to be a British company like Norton etc. Think they went for that angle to dissuade the (very real) fear of poor quality and lack of after sales care.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/05697830/officers

13 hours ago, billy sugger said:

According to visor down Sinnis is actually British, but assembled in China

Don't you mean Chinese but assembled in Britain ? Some bikes such as Mutt are Chinese bikes RE assembled in Britain . 

Twenty plus years ago SOME , not all Chinese bikes were truly dreadful . I can only go on my own personal experience but when you discover that a CG style motor has aluminium tubes for pushrods with chromed ball bearings GLUED in the ends you know something ain't right . I've seen a black engine sprinkled with glitter and I've seen a centre stand slicing into the back tyre . Fake radiators and linked braking systems that are the wrong way round as well as piggy back shocks that are solid castings  spring to mind as well . 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, fastbob said:

Twenty plus years ago SOME , not all Chinese bikes were truly dreadful . I can only go on my own personal experience but when you discover that a CG style motor has aluminium tubes for pushrods with chromed ball bearings GLUED in the ends you know something ain't right . I've seen a black engine sprinkled with glitter and I've seen a centre stand slicing into the back tyre . Fake radiators and linked braking systems that are the wrong way round as well as piggy back shocks that are solid castings  spring to mind as well . 

just say chinese crap bob that should cover it

Yes I know what you mean. When my son picked up his new bike, he brought it round to show me.

The chain was so tight I would of been amazed if it got him home the twenty miles without snapping. The wheel alignment was a mile off too!

It only to worse after that, much worse. 🤦