Unexpected Headset Issue

So I’ve finally got my Cardo & I-phone talking to each other on the move for Satnav purposes … However …. Every time I get a notification it beeps or plays a fanfare & makes me jump and briefly distracts me, I’m not sure this is a great state of affairs, do I just need to go through all the apps & turn off notifications individually ( that would be a pita as I’d need to turn them on again ) or is there another way - asking coz I can’t be arsed to look for the answer 😛

12 minutes ago, Mickly said:

So I’ve finally got my Cardo & I-phone talking to each other on the move for Satnav purposes … However …. Every time I get a notification it beeps or plays a fanfare & makes me jump and briefly distracts me, I’m not sure this is a great state of affairs, do I just need to go through all the apps & turn off notifications individually ( that would be a pita as I’d need to turn them on again ) or is there another way - asking coz I can’t be arsed to look for the answer 😛

There must be something on the settings I get a notification but not that extreme. I have an older cardo

10 minutes ago, Shepherd said:

If I switch my android phone to airplane mode, I can still use GPS. Maybe a solution?

Can you still receive phone calls?

Not sure on Iphone but on android you can change the notification output to just the phone and when using navigation it still comes through the headset 

On 13/05/2022 at 21:35, Mickly said:

Can you still receive phone calls?

No, if you want to keep calls then airplane mode is no good.

What notifications are you trying to stop? If it's emails and WhatsApp, then turning off data/WiFi will achieve this. Won't stop sms texts though.

• Thanks 1

You need to look at settings.

The phone,

The navigation app,

The headset,

All could potentially give a notification.

Try a different nav-app see if it's setting on that.

Turn all volumes down on on phone.

• Thanks 1