gs 500

skyrider

ok so im thinking of getting a suzuki gs500 and the one im looking at is a 2001 model and the thing is it's the model with the clip on style bars which im not keen on would it be possible to modify it and put renthals on instead i have noticed that the later model has the one piece bars probably the k5 naked 

I had a 1994 GS500E until 17 months ago which had the clip ons. I have seen the same year model with one piece bars. They would need the clamps that attach to the top yoke as the clamps the clip on bars use mount differently. I liked the clip on bars & they weren't too heavy on the wrists either. Great little bike though, really flickable though brakes aren't the greatest. Have fun.

I nearly bought a faired GS500, I had seen one and was thinking about it when I saw a GSX600F, test rode it  and liked it much more then the GS500. I can se the appeal of the 500 though, 2 cylinders, sort of more character and less to maintain. GSX has served me well though, just comong up to 50,000 miles and no majot issues. Hope you find a bike you like and enjoy it.

5 minutes ago, skyrider said:

ER5 all the way eh Bob 😁

my dad had an orange gs 500e a lot of years ago and that had the clip on style bars and when i took it for a run to rivington barn i wasnt that impressed with them thats why i want the later standard or renthal bars and even more so now that i have arthritis in my shoulders 

Edited by skyrider