European breakdown cover for old bikes

Any recommendations. Seems limited if you have a bike over 16years old. It's not included in my insurance. AA want £60 for 3 days which is a bit steep.

Hi @goat, I'm with Peter James insurance, 4 bikes fully comp, Uk and European breakdown is included because all classed as classic's. £130.82😂.

And breakdown is AA!! 

Remember READ the small print on european cover .

Most state that if the cost of repatriating your vehicle to the UK exceeds its value they reserve the right not to recover your vehicle .( they will get you home still)

Screenshot_20220622-082231_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I know this is a few months old..

Does anybody knows start rescue breakdown cover?

They seem very cheap, Just not clear how many monkeys I will get... 🤔

40 minutes ago, husoi said:

I know this is a few months old..

Does anybody knows start rescue breakdown cover?

They seem very cheap, Just not clear how many monkeys I will get... 🤔

I use them but not tried european. Have called them out once for a bike a few years back and twice for the car. They've been very good, they obviously just use local contractors so could be hit and miss depending where you are I guess. 

When I had a breakdown in Austria and was with @Snod Blatter I was insured with Carole Nash and they arranged for a local van to come and collect the bike and me to transport it to a BMW dealer on the other side of the mountains. Who CN had contacted and ascertained that they had a donor bike to take the part I needed from. And that’s what happened. I don’t know if CN do stand alone rescue, this was included in my policy. But might be worth trying. This was 5 years ago and my bike was 17 years old at the time.