Best shed for storage/security ?

Roadhogg

Some insurnace companies class being secured in a standard garden shed with chain/ground anchor the same as in a garage. When you start looking at insurance mention this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bender said:

Yup, out of sight is a bonus. 

In practicable terms best security is no one knows it's there.

My bike is in a garage, in a block.  It never sits out side garage.

It's either in garage or outside house.

A motorbike shed in front garden is best advert for nice bike to be pinched.

Make sure you buy big enough for your next bike and tall enough for the one after. 

Bikers change bikes like women change shoes.

My average bike change has sneaked above 1 a year. Something I need to address in the not to distant future.  

Edited by onesea

On 26/10/2022 at 20:46, Roadhogg said:

I have recently booked my CBT and have been looking at purchasing my 1st bike. I'm looking for recommendations on storage for my bike when I get it  as I don't have a garage . 

Do you have a rear garden or patio where the bike can be parked up easily and is fully out of sight of passing traffic.

Ive never had a garage, I keep the bike round the back of the house.. anyone passing my house would never know that there is a £12,000 bike there,  even if they came up the side of the house and looked over the gate. they wouldn't see it.

There are a lot of options available on storage, varying from the cheapest. cover it with a cheap plastic Tarpaulin. up to the more expensive.. a steel shed, or an extra strong wooden shed.

if you do go for a shed, then the bigger the better as you need to think about the future and don't want to be ending up with a shed (of whatever type) that might be fine for this bike, but too small for the next one. With a wooden garden shed firstly you will need double doors, so you can easily walk the bike in. and more importantly a reinforced floor that can support the weight especially the 'point' weight of a centre stand or even a side stand.

I could do this, but I can't be bothered. a cover is fine.

it really all comes down to the space you have available. access and budget.

Edited by Gerontious
  • Like 3