PCP or buy second hand

Motorcyclesrule1

Hi People, I am coming to the end of my PCP deal, and can`t decide if I should get another PCP deal, but, want to change manufacturer, or just to buy a decent second hand bike?

Any ideas please? Not much profit off bike, due to getting cheap deal last time.. Looking for a tourer type bike..

Thanks in advance...

Hmmm tough one! 

If you want a new bike every 3-4 years then do another PCP deal if you would rather spend a bit less and own the bike at the end of it then second hand on HP or bank loan 

I think pcps work well if you're committed to getting a new bike every 3 years. They're completely hassle free. But an expensive way of keeping a bike.

They create a great supply of barely ridden, well-looked after, secondhand bikes, though. Unless I wanted the latest model, I'd look at going down that route.

It's a good time to get a good deal, with the new plates coming in soon.

• Like 1

I'd vote for second hand. You're not trapped in a pcp deal if you no longer like the bike. You can mod it without worrying about the terms of your PCP deal. Sell it or trade it easier and you'll likely lose less money that paying interest on a depreciating asset 

• Like 1

I have twice taken a PCP deal then after a shortish time got a bank loan and transferred it.  The PCP deals have been better offers, just  got a new bike on a 3 year  PCP but I will pay it off in the next 12-18 months either a bank loan or from pension pay out

Edited by exportmanuk
  • Like 1