Superbike for short rider

bike

How feasible is it for a short person to safely ride a 1000cc superbike? The only reason I want to start riding is to ultimately own a superbike. But before that, I just want to know if it is possible to safely ride a superbike given my short stature (5'5). If it is possible, what superbike would you recommend? I have my eyes fixed on a Ducati V2, R1 or RSV4 but I hear an S1000rr is more forgiving to short riders. I obviously will start off with a smaller bike before working my way up. 

Thanks

You don't need anything in particular I don't think. Abs can be good. Modern bikes have all sorts of traction control, modes etc. Guess they can be nice. I'd think more about, training and then heated grips, and the like personally 

2 hours ago, bike said:

Thanks all for the feedback! What sort of safety features should I be looking for in a sportbike? Is it worth buying the latest 2021-23 versions vs older models?

maybe concentrate on passing your test before you consider what comes next. also be prepared for the fact that A. you will not be able to test ride a new bike - the vast majority of dealers will not allow a new rider on their test bikes or high value second handers. and B. you will be hammered by the insurers for your first year especially if you go for the sort of bike you have most in mind. or even one further down the CC range. ie a 600cc super sports.

maybe lower your expectations for at least the first year. once you have 1 years no claims, then that's a bit of a game changer and your options become far wider.

Edited by Gerontious
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1