Fenix Taylor

Hello! Good to be part of a well used forum for biking! 

I guess ill start off with my past on bikes and where the immediate future will lead i guess, 

I'm Tony Taylor, 33, got a rip ride 125 at 19 for 2 years then didn't ride again until 2019 when I did a CBT again for a YBR125, many a modified Japanese car along the way io thought best get this bike licence done and dusted so i can try something new.,

my dad ended up getting a Kawasaki ER5 to get back into riding himself and after about a month wanted a GSXR600 so he gave me his ER5, happy I was, until the realisation of, well, that's sitting in the garage for a while,

2001 22k miles champagne silver gold colour all stock and very well looked after, thought, well it could be worse, but also, it can be better! planned in my Theory in December passed that, managed to muster together a chunk of money and paid for 1 intense days training followed by Mod 1 test and Mod 2 test the following days later, then realised I don't have any free holidays to take at work, okay, booked for April instead.

Now! what to do with 4 months of staring longingly at a dust capturing bike? well I may as well make it my own, 

got started on a full service, oil, filter, sparkplug. then little extras, indicators, tail tidy number plate, then i just went full out and changed the tank, the lines, painted the full back end, changed the tyres, painted the wheels, fresh brakes and disc, new sprocket and stripped down the carbs for a clean. 

the bike is now Yellow and black ( to match my Mazda RX8) and ready and raring to ride, 

and finally we have creeped around to April! time is slowly ticking and my full training day is on Sunday,. followed by Mod 1 on Monday and hopefully passing that my Mod 2 on Tuesday! then hopefully a fresh clean MOT on Thursday! 
I've waited the best part of a year for this coming week, watched nearly every mod 1 and mod 2 test video's on the tube and constantly sat on the bike in the garage. 

even got so excited i got my full kit which I've listed below. 

So all's to do now i guess is shake these nerves, get these tests done next week and get on the road finally! 

Current Kit;

Helmet - Ruroc Atlas 3.0 Ronin

Jacket - Engine Hawk Deadeye Desert

Gloves - Rev it Fly 3

Boots - Alpine Stars Corozal Drystar

Jeans - TBC (any recommendations?)

Cheers! 

Photo 25-02-2023, 10 54 39 am.jpg

Photo 01-03-2023, 10 17 08 am.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So good news, passed Mod 1 perfect pass and had a perfect pass on the Mod 2 aside from a stall in traffic, was alot of pressure but easily done and very happy when i got back to the test centre! 

Roll on the good weather weekends now! 

• Like 4