How do you store your kit

the perfect number of gloves (1 summer, 1 waterproof, 1 cold-proof)

just the right number of trousers (1 pair jeans, 1 waterproof, 1 aspiring to be waterproof, 1 mesh for summer)

too many helmets (1 full face, 1 flip up, 1 oldie that should be chucked out)

a jacket tsunami (2 waterproof, 4 leather, 1 mesh)

I own 3 helmets but only wear one, the other two i keep for are sentimental value cos i love the designs( giugliano and jw replica). 
winter - matching textiles. Texttile gloves, winter boots.

trackday - one piece leather, leather sports boots and gloves ice had for years but start to wear out :( .

spring/summer- leather jacket and denim jeans, use the same boots and gloves from the trackday cos there so perfect.

heated vest. 

16 hours ago, RideWithStyles said:

Im amazed on how nobody has asked why so many of individual bits of kit?? 😏
helmets (fiddle), coats and pants (steve and bonio) and gloves (Go)..

mine are housed in two places as i share with the misses...most of the stuff is in the inbuilt clothes wardrobe and apart from my helmet, two pboots and the matching gloves in a small cupboard.

I don’t have that much kit. Or, should I say that WE don’t have that much kit bearing in mind it’s for me and my pillion.

Mine.

One textile suit for touring and general use.

One (very old) ventilated textile for hot days when the textile kit’s vents aren’t up to the task of keeping me.

One Leather Hideout suit for my (now) rare days on track and occasional use.

One Neotec Helmet. 
Two pairs gloves, one summer, one two season.

One snood

One pair Alt Berg boots

Hers. 
Two textile suits. One redundant following dropping two sizes after losing weight last year requiring a new set. 

One Neotec Helmet. 
Two pairs gloves, one summer, one two season.

One snood

One pair boots

Since we have plenty of storage space and the value of the redundant and rarely used  kit is next to bugger all, we haven’t bothered with disposing of it.

Edited by Steve_M

I chuck it screwed up into a ball under the breakfast bar in the kitchen.

As yet no wife to tell me things like "Go hide your bike gear in the cupboard" and "Don't put that sprocket carrier in the dishwasher!"

My gear is in constant use though, for most of my life I've only had bikes so my gear needs to be at hand.

One set of gear - richa detroit jacket (so old its on it's second lining), rev'it axis 2 overtrousers, tcx explorer goretex boots. Shoei nxr in xxl to fit my massive melon head.

Gloves is a selection between richa hurricane, richa city or knox orsa. In the rain I put on goretex waterproofs my mate in the RAF blagged from the stores for me - no wet gear then, just damp waterproofs.

I could afford to buy fancy gear storage and all this but I prefer spending money on petrol and bikes. Plus that gear is super practical and comfy year round.

Edited by megaross
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1