What summer jacket

20 hours ago, daveinlim said:

What's the rating on them are they AA?

I don't think it's rated, but as fullscreenaging says, it has level 2 elbow and shoulder protection, and I fitted the level 2 back protector.  For warm weather riding I personally feel that this is probably as good as it gets, I personally love it, and it's certainly going to give more protection than the T-Shirts that I seen a few bikers wearing this past week 👍

Edited by manxie49
spelling
  • Like 2

On 14/06/2023 at 19:51, daveinlim said:

What's the rating on them are they AA?

I found the manual that came with the jacket and took a photo of the CE label inside, hope this helps?  

IMG_1476.jpeg

Document_2023-06-17_114602.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I have the Revit Eclipse mesh jacket, t-shirt underneath when it’s hot, and I use my hi viz waterproof cycling jacket over it in cold weather. It has elbow and shoulder armour along with a pocket for a back protector, and I can vouch for the armour in a couple of very slow speed embarrassing tumbles off road. 

I've ended up buying a Knox urban pro mk3 a few weeks ago. Unfortunately the summer seems to have ended at the same time. 

I had to go a size up. (I'm normally XL for other brands like rst, Oxford, Dainese, the XL was tight everywhere)

2XL is a good fit, I'm 44 in a suit jacket and 18 in neck. 

If you have over an 18 inch neck then you'll need a 3XL, the 2XL I bought just about fits.

The jacket has a bit of weight to it due to the full level 2 armour but once on it is comfortable and after a minute on the bike you forget it's on. 

It lets in a ton of air. I use a light windbreaker in the morning commute then just the Knox jacket when it's warm in the evening. Although it can look a bit odd with the collar of my shirt hanging over the top. 

It is a snug fit by design. My work shirts get a little creased from it but as they are non-iron they are themselves out within an hour. 

The pockets are ok, the inside pocket for your phone fits my large android phone. 

Overall I'm quite happy with it as a summer jacket. If Knox did laminated outer jacket I'd probably buy it to use this as the protective layer all year round. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I snagged myself a Rev'It GT Air jacket from SBS for £169 a few weeks back -it's blooming marvelous in the warmer weather. They come up pretty small (similar to Dainese) so i brought a Medium instead of a Small and it fits great. Just enough room for a hoodie to go underneath on the cooler mornings.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/571107

image.thumb.png.731589be6eff082fb2f986f78473b644.png

• Like 1