Buying a Rebel 1100 dct from Craig's Honda Shipley

Cabunag

I looked in on them earlier this year, the showroom appeared to be very disorganised, but that was due to the sheer volume of stock they had in at the time I think.

I have a friend who swears by them, and has bought a few models from there, never with any problems.

I ended up buying from Padgetts in Batley.

44 minutes ago, Cabunag said:

Has anyone bought a bike from Craig's Honda West Yorkshire Shipley they have a great deal on a 2023 ...........

It's nearly November, it's getting cold, damp & dark, 2024 models on the way, buyers hard to find, sales targets hard to hit. Okay your Px might also be harder for them to shift, but it's a dammed good time of the year to get a good deal if the bike is in stock. And don't forget, every other dealer is in the same boat, so don't be afraid to shop around and haggle. At this time of the year, you've got the upper hand.

Edited by Capt Sisko

Thanks for that I managed to sell my NC 750x dct to a local man, the deals in a Scotland are grim expensive 

Black, 1,100 cc, 2021 21 Reg, 1,461 miles, Was £9,299.00 Now £8,799.00 Save £500.00. From Victor Devine

The one from Craig's is 

2023 model from Craig honda seems too good to be true. Its a Rebel 1100 dct model £250 delivery 
£8895 only 300 miles on it has screen and panniers.

It's just that I seen some bad reviews about them

20 hours ago, Cabunag said:

Thanks for that I managed to sell my NC 750x dct to a local man, the deals in a Scotland are grim expensive 

Black, 1,100 cc, 2021 21 Reg, 1,461 miles, Was £9,299.00 Now £8,799.00 Save £500.00. From Victor Devine

The one from Craig's is 

2023 model from Craig honda seems too good to be true. Its a Rebel 1100 dct model £250 delivery 
£8895 only 300 miles on it has screen and panniers.

It's just that I seen some bad reviews about them

Im not sure why a review should matter to you. I take it you live in Scotland and so will be using a more local dealership at least until the 2 year warranty expires. 300 miles? what was it - a demonstrator? or did someone buy it and realise it wasn't for them and traded it in immediately. that happens. also there are some weird people who don't get on with DCT. or rather, they don't give it a chance.

This one is only £400 more. and is a 2022 with a 23 reg.

Screenshot2023-10-29at07_33_25.png.42992cc34543ce07ffb387918d0d4b06.png

As for the price. think about it. new bikes are about to arrive in dealerships in the next few months and dealers will be wanting to make space. they could sell them to a clearing house but that would mean an even bigger loss. £9000 will mean they will at the very least break even.. though its more likely they are going to make at least some money on it. better to price to sell than having it potentially sitting on the showroom floor for the next 5 months. Buy it, and if necessary - use the warranty.

Personally, if Im spending that kind of money I would not want it delivered. I would be on a train there with my gear and helmet. And be demanding a test ride before signing my credit away.

Edited by Gerontious
  • Like 3

Personally i found the rebel bike was quite a extreme body position and certainly for me let alone £10k.

General Warranty for the first year will be with honda but they may push you to the dealer you bought through unless it breaks down way from local area.

the second year is through the dealer you bought and honoured by honda.

2 hours ago, RideWithStyles said:

General Warranty for the first year will be with honda but they may push you to the dealer you bought through unless it breaks down way from local area.

2 hours ago, RideWithStyles said:

the second year is through the dealer you bought and honoured by honda.

please tell me where in the service and warranty conditions - it says this. Because I don’t see either in the section titled - “To obtain a Warranty Service”.  The language they use is plain and has no equivocation. No difference between year one or year two. And definitely no requirement to use the original dealership at any point during the warranty period.

• Like 1

Not a Honda but the dealer I bought my bike from went bust about a month later. Got a letter from Ducati saying the warranty was good for any Ducati dealership anywhere in Europe. I guess most reputable manufacturers have similar.