AJS JSM 50

wbailey22

hi there 

relatively new rider here (august 2023)

i purchased an ajs jsm 50 for my first bike, i was never interested in the whole moped idea 

my knowledge on bikes is very limited but i know the basics, so just wanted a few ideas on what i can do to improve the speed of my bike 

it’s a completely stock set up and it will reach 40mph comfortably 

i have since become use to this speed and am wanting to make it hit around 55 as a top speed or 50 to cruise around at 

however don’t want to put a huge hole in my wallet at the same time 🤣

people say not to push it any further but i’m a quick learner and have become very comfortable on it 

i’ve also been told this bikes just a cheap knock off to another knock off, despite this i wont listen 

i wouldn’t even fuss if i got it running at 45 for its top speed 

can anybody give me advice on how to get it running just a tad faster ? 

i’ve looked into changing the sprockets but i believe it’s massively held back due to its rev limiter regardless ( tops out at 7k revs ) 

i know a lot of people will disregard this and tell me not too because its just a geared 50 but i’m just asking for a little advice 

Sadly I don't think you can do much to a moped legally to increase its speed over what you have got. I get you don't want to but if you are serious about going faster get a 125.

Edited by S-Westerly

Hi,

Sounds like you are getting on ok with your 50 which is a good thing.

You are saying it yourself though, you need to move up the cc's to get what you want. Once you do you'll be wondering why it took you so long.

My grandson has recently purchased this ;

image.thumb.jpeg.23b4627f1cd41d7c46928ecb7b7461d2.jpeg

Just passed his CBT, bought this Aprillia Tuono 125 .... 14.8 bhp, dohc, fuel injected, 70 mph cruise.... 

It's fast .... 

Move up from the AJS ... you know you want to ..... 😁

• Like 2