Titchy tape measures....

Learned my first lesson coming back to motorcycling. 

Don't bother ordering boots, jackets, gloves, helmets or trousers online, the designers all seem to share the same tiny little tape measures.. 

I've gone from size 11 boots to size 13, medium helmet to XXL, and basically up two sizes in everything else. 

Thankfully Sportsbikeshop were good with refunds. 

Maybe I need to eat less pies 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My problem is footwear. I'm exactly half a size between 11 and 12 and can never seem to get boots to fit.

Added to this is the fact that longer feet doesn't necessarily mean wider feet - so you get massively wide 12s and 11s that are perfect in every way but the length.

The trick I've found is to go in to Sportsbike having pre-ordered one of everything that might possibly fit the bill in both sizes. Spend a couple of hours working through the pile until I find one to fit.

Inevitably it's the most expensive pair in the whole selection, but by that point I'm usually past caring.

• Like 1

Very true ........ Depends on what make you order as to whether you have to go up or down a couple of sizes.  Alpinestars was a classic for me, size 10 feet in every other shoe I own, size 12 in Alpinestars 😄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fiddlesticks said:

My problem is footwear. I'm exactly half a size between 11 and 12 and can never seem to get boots to fit.

Added to this is the fact that longer feet doesn't necessarily mean wider feet - so you get massively wide 12s and 11s that are perfect in every way but the length.

The trick I've found is to go in to Sportsbike having pre-ordered one of everything that might possibly fit the bill in both sizes. Spend a couple of hours working through the pile until I find one to fit.

Inevitably it's the most expensive pair in the whole selection, but by that point I'm usually past caring.

I had the opposite problem, if I managed to get a foot in the boot, it was sooooo narrow. 

Just used my BKS Storm for the first time. It was -1 and they were great, so comfy and warm. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, manxie49 said:

Very true ........ Depends on what make you order as to whether you have to go up or down a couple of sizes.  Alpinestars was a classic for me, size 10 feet in every other shoe I own, size 12 in Alpinestars 😄

It's everything though, everything I just bought to start riding again, have to have the mahoosive size. Wonder how genuinely big people get by. 

Which brands make a difference.... Dainese Brand are tailored more for the slim fit for example. So they look nice but if ur carrying  excess they aint gonna fit.

I have wide feet like a frog, for boots the only brand ive found that works for my feet are Sidi. Tcx and Rsts for example are too narrow. I got away with a winter boot from spada but there gloves dont work for me.

• Like 1

On 06/12/2023 at 14:56, Fiddlesticks said:

I will not show this post to my misses, I would be bankrupt!

• Haha 3

A pair of gel insoles should solve the problem of the extra room inside the boots with the added effect of being very comfy.

I get mine from Home bargains for less than a fiver. 10min cutting them to size and it's me sorted :thumb: 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, onesea said:

I will not show this post to my misses, I would be bankrupt!

This is the same a keeping a reef tank, the mantra is: "they were on offer darling, only £75"..

Problem is, when you have a few grands worth of gear, she/he then thinks it's only worth a few hundred.

4 hours ago, husoi said:

A pair of gel insoles should solve the problem of the extra room inside the boots with the added effect of being very comfy.

I get mine from Home bargains for less than a fiver. 10min cutting them to size and it's me sorted :thumb: 

Reminded me of these:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805716807358.html?src=google&aff_fcid=b3f8e86e615b46879db87a50b38edcb8-1702045372075-03355-UneMJZVf&aff_fsk=UneMJZVf&aff_platform=aaf&sk=UneMJZVf&aff_trace_key=b3f8e86e615b46879db87a50b38edcb8-1702045372075-03355-UneMJZVf&terminal_id=fe1b1fa38e354dae9ff08a537bf24395&afSmartRedirect=y&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

Love the product description ... something lost in translation methinks 🤣

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Shepherd said:

For the description they should be more like £500 the pair... 🙄

Second from last word seems correct 🤣

1Pair Cowhide Shoes Insole Plantar Fasciitis Latex Insoles for Feet Non Slip Shoe Pads The feeling of stepping on shit Inserts

Edited by husoi
  • Haha 1