Removing foot peg bracket on a Honda

MaxK

if not then you may have to do some proper repair or replacing to do.

unfortunately the bolt screws into the swing arm... if thats spinning you might have to take the other side bolt off and hold the nut/push the bolt out from the inside... just use the centre stand and support the bike, remove the wheel as your pretty much gonna have to no back end.

worse case you're gonna have to replace the swing arm unless your really handy with a welder/drill and tap.

If that is the bolt that holds the swing arm you will have a nut on the opposite side.

It should be a normal thread because isn't a moving part.

Use a 6 side socket not a star one or you risk damaging the bolt before it moves.

with the socket in place (ideally a old one) hit it a few times with a hammer to break the lock. The same way you would with a screw.

As extreme, you would remove all plastic, protect the inside of the bike and heat it up with a torch (the thread side not the bolt).

• Thanks 1

As Husoi said and confirmed on the page below that 'nut' is actually the blunt end of the swinging arm pivot and once the other end is undone it should, in theory, just slide out. I say in theory as 1.  By the very nature of it, it's got to be a tight sliding fit, and 2. The odds are after six years it's very likely some corrosion has got in and the buggers seized up.

Unless it's seized solid and is going to need heat / a Hydraulics press to free it, it's all perfectly doable at home and not that complicated a job; but be prepared to curse, swear and bang your knuckles doing it. 

https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/honda-motorcycle/125-MOTO/CBF/2018/CBF125NAJ/Frame/SWINGARM--CHAIN-CASE/100048/F_32/2/32221

Edited by Capt Sisko
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Joe85 said:

That chain is giving me anxiety.

I've seen a lot worse... 

17 minutes ago, Joe85 said:

That chain is giving me anxiety.

Dont worry I know its been on its way out for a while, just been putting it off as I hate working on bikes outside 

2 hours ago, Capt Sisko said:

As Husoi said and confirmed on the page below that 'nut' is actually the blunt end of the swinging arm pivot and once the other end is undone it should, in theory, just slide out. I say in theory as 1.  By the very nature of it, it's got to be a tight sliding fit, and 2. The odds are after six years it's very likely some corrosion has got in and the buggers seized up.

Unless it's seized solid and is going to need heat / a Hydraulics press to free it, it's all perfectly doable at home and not that complicated a job; but be prepared to curse, swear and bang your knuckles doing it. 

https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/honda-motorcycle/125-MOTO/CBF/2018/CBF125NAJ/Frame/SWINGARM--CHAIN-CASE/100048/F_32/2/32221

I think this is the most useful reply I’ve ever received on a forum, thank you so much I’ll give this another attempt now!

• Like 1