I don't think this chap likes motorbikes

BBC News - Pembury: Drinking water contamination threat posed by motorbikes - BBC News

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cgrjd6180n5o

When you look on Google earth the resovoir is walled off so I'm not sure what's going on there.

Edited by Nick the wanderer

Hmm. It's a reservoir built by damming a valley. Might be spring fed but unless they lined the whole thing with concrete there's an awful lot of dirt under the water which is presumably the same material as the banks? This from a water company that is no doubt pumping raw sewage into rivers and te sea. The polite answer is Foxtrot Oscar.

• Like 1

Being someone who worked in water industry since 2008 I can tell you that the article is a load of pish 🤬🤬🤬

Birds shit on the water, ducks and swans swim in it with all the things they get to do.

In the whole of the UK no water enters the network without proper treatment and at least 4 filtration methods before leaves the works.

Water companies down in England always come up with the most moronic excuses for not doing their job properly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I agree with @husoi their statement is based on what scientific evidence?  And is indeed pish!!  That said, it didn't stop them blaming off road motorcyclists over here and closing down some old mine trails that off roaders used to use (see the article), they reckoned that contaminants were leaching from the ground, due to the motorcycling activity in the area, and contaminating a marina that was miles away!   The evidence that they bandied around was shown to be floored, it didn't stop them closing the area down though.  For an island with such a rich motorcycling heritage, it sadly appears to becoming anti everything with an engine in it, the same as a lot of other places are now.  They'll search out whatever excuse they can to get things that don't fit in with their narrative banned.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-51843612

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RideWithStyles said:

when were ALL forced to EVs next.

Oh to hell with that !   I'll soon show them, I'll commit hari krishna by dowsing myself in leaded four star petrol and light up a spliff.....whatever that is ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, curlylegend said:

Oh to hell with that !   I'll soon show them, I'll commit hari krishna by dowsing myself in leaded four star petrol and light up a spliff.....whatever that is ?

Nasty way to go. Rather than do yourself why not try roasting a Green. They're so full of hot air they should go up with a bang.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Nasty way to go. Rather than do yourself why not try roasting a Green. They're so full of hot air they should go up with a bang.

I'm living on borrowed time as it is, so no big deal.

I stay away from these Green people as much as I can.   They're bloody hypocrites you know.  They want to bump off all the cows because in their opinion cows' farts are polluting the atmosphere.

Having endured a trip in a VW transporter with a card carrying vegan and a vegetarian, I can assure you that these people fart like f*ck !

When I opened the window you could see this greenish miasma streaming out and leaving a trail behind us.

I don't think my lungs have recovered.

• Haha 1