I need help with my 2009 Yamaha YBR125

SkySh4rd

So the main beam and neutral indicator does not work in my bike, so it turns out that a blue and black wire is cut with no bulb connector, Please help

Hi there a bit more info is needed where is the wire broken ? is it at a connector block or just a broken wire. 

If its just a worn through wire either solder it together again and tape or heat shrink it. If its broken at a connector block you can release the broken off spade connector with a very small pick or screwdriver. Then get a new terminal/spade connector of the same design and size to replace it. Make sure you have enough slack so the wire is not pulling at the connector if it is add a short length of wire of the same rating. If you are unsure of how to do a decent repair have a look on you tube at a few vids for advice. Good luck. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Old-codger said:

Hi there a bit more info is needed where is the wire broken ? is it at a connector block or just a broken wire. 

If its just a worn through wire either solder it together again and tape or heat shrink it. If its broken at a connector block you can release the broken off spade connector with a very small pick or screwdriver. Then get a new terminal/spade connector of the same design and size to replace it. Make sure you have enough slack so the wire is not pulling at the connector if it is add a short length of wire of the same rating. If you are unsure of how to do a decent repair have a look on you tube at a few vids for advice. Good luck. 

I forgot to mention that its broken where the bulb connector is meant to be but I think that the previous owner cut that component out as it is completely missing from the bike

Have a look on this site at a diagram of your headlight assembly and hopefully you can work out what part has been cut out. 

Yamaha YBR125ED 2009 3D99 EUROPE 1H3D9-300E1 34 HEADLIGHT - buy original 34 HEADLIGHT spares online (cmsnl.com) 

I would of thought the bulb is a two filiment type with a dip and high beam so at least two wires possibly three if the bulb doesnt earth through the headlight mounting. Have a search for a wiring diagram for your model so you know what you are looking for. Good luck.

• Thanks 1