UK Challenge 100 2016 - Discussion Thread

Grumpy Old Git

got 3 pubs today! all local(ish) 46 mile round trip but took over 2 hours!

The Royal Oak on the Bridgnorth to Wolverhampton road would appear

to be a biker's pub now! Didn't used to be!

• 2 weeks later...

Currently suffering from 'Numb Bum syndrome'.

Two long ride outs in two consecutive days - Not recommended!

The Welsh borders has some great roads - especially through a tiny village called 'New Invention' (True - look it up!).

The NW tags yesterday were all impossible to get close enough to get the bike in the picture. Kendal being the hardest to get to. Jays lane (road?) on the south side 9east of the river and before the cricket ground) is the closest. A short 9steep) walk from the top of the road gets you to the ruins. Superb view from the top!

Next trip will either be oop North or, the welsh coast tags (weather will decide).

:cheers:

NW tags yesterday were all impossible to get close enough to get the bike in the picture. Kendal being the hardest to get to.

You should have a word with the bugger that picked them then :lol: :lol:

• 1 month later...
A big up to TimR for using his noggin and been the first member to use the 3 numbers on his reg plate for his tag number

I think I will be doing that next year :lol:

I did that last year and got told that I must use a tag as otherwise the photo could be of been taken anytime.... Will not work this year I have 2 bikes...

Anyone still 'tagging'.

I did a 'loop' of the South (centre and West) yesterday as it was a bit cooler. great weather and 13 hours :shock: later I arrived home - Totally knackered.

If I get chance later this year, I will try and complete the 'oop North' tags (but not Bonny Scotland - that is just too far for my old bones).

Don't think I'll get down to Devon / Cornwall either.

:cheers:

Family and friends demands have been thick and fast. It should start to tail off as all the jobs are being finished off. I have got a new exhaust and a bike as clean as the day I bought it just sitting there......waiting......