Fully comp or tpf&t, what do you have?

Stuno1

<t>Fully comp or tpf&t?</t>  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Fully comp or tpf&t?

• Fully comp
    • Tpf&t

Just wondered what people have? Appreciate what both are and include but given the price difference wondered what people plumped for.

I am assuming most have fully comp given the fact you are more likely to drop or prang a bike than damage a car.

Stu

Depends on age aswell really, as the younger riders are more likely to start off with TPF&T, as compared to FC it's a God send. Put it this way, for me to insure a Bandit 600 @ 17 it will be about £400 TPFT, where as it would be nearer £1500 FC. No brainer really, unless your a rich sod. :roll: - Then as people get used to biking, and start having their own income they see the point of FC and can then afford it as it's not ridiculously expensive. - So my guess is you'll have two groups, the young'ns with their TPFT's and the elders with their FC's :mrgreen:

Depends on age aswell really, as the younger riders are more likely to start off with TPF&T, as compared to FC it's a God send. Put it this way, for me to insure a Bandit 600 @ 17 it will be about £400 TPFT, where as it would be nearer £1500 FC. No brainer really, unless your a rich sod. :roll: - Then as people get used to biking, and start having their own income they see the point of FC and can then afford it as it's not ridiculously expensive. - So my guess is you'll have two groups, the young'ns with their TPFT's and the elders with their FC's :mrgreen:

My issue is I am 27 and starting to ride next year but want a gsxr 600 2006 which will cost me 4k or just under and I dont have money for fc after spending 900 on gear, 600 on tests and 4k ish on a bike :0(

Tpf&t is 550-600 and f. Is 1200 :0(

Stu

Well in your case, your a young/new rider planning on driving a rather new bike that just so happens to be one of the most expensive types of bike to insure... the Sport bike category. A fully fair bike is always going to cost more than a naked bike, both because of it's extra easily breakable plastics, and the insurers automaticaly assume that because your buying a 'sport bike' that your not going to be light wristed with it, putting yourself and others at a greater risk. :|

Fully comp. and always have done. My premiums are pretty low anyway. Only made one claim in over 25 years and that claim was against Third Party.

I have never asked the cost of third party but would imagine it to be about the same as I am paying now. Some companys increase the premiums on third party insurance..

third party only, not even fire and theft. Reason being it is cheap and would rather use that extra money to save for something a bit nicer.

Same boat. It wasn't worth me getting fire and theft since the excess was near enough identical to the value of the bike.

Fully comp oh and a gsxr 600 get a non sports cheap 600 for a year at least then spend ya 4k on the gsxr gives ya a year experience dont matter so much if ya drop it and 1 year ncb not that it seems to make that much diff sometimes

38 & TPF&T - FC they wanted an extra grand, can kiss my a55e.. If i drop it it will be cheaper to get it fixed myself, once i build my NCB then i may go to FC; but i hate being ripped off by them.

BB

That is pretty much what i am thinking, I have a bodyshop 5 minute walk from my flat as well so can take it to them if i need to.

Fully Comp--I had two accidents 3 and 4 years ago, neither being my fault, I also ride obscure Italian bikes (group 17)that took 5 months and two months to repair and return, the storage alone that they charge would come to more than the difference in insurance. I also have a bike replacement policy ie. if I dont have my bike I get a hire bike free of charge, biggest con I have ever seen. I had the last hire bike for 63 days over summer, they charged £93:00 per day hire, the bike was rusty ( 10 month old Ducatati S2 Monster) but OK, the hire cost was £2000 more than the bike was worth new!

TnT