Speed Limit

Bogof

<t>Are you an 85 or a 15?</t>  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Are you an 85 or a 15?

• I'm an 85 everywhere
    • I'm usually an 85, but can be 15 at times
    • I'm a 15 and proud!

i stick to the speed limit 100% excluding the 3 times i nearly got caught speeding

coincidence? Me thinks not...

And never, I NEVER speed, not even on the stupid two laned road each way with a bit of pavement in the middle of the road, so is effectivly a duel carriage way :roll:

However, I have found that two of the three speed cameras dont work southbound :) :P - not that i would ever use that information to my advantage

Edited by mealexme

I can suggest that yes, do I have proof no, do you have proof to the contrary?

If not then ny statement stands

Yes. :lol:

As at 25 September 2010 there were 36,932,577 full licence holders in the UK.

As at 25 September 2010 there were 3,944,417 full licence holders in the UK that had 1 or more penalty points on their licence.

Now IF all the penalty points were for speeding, that makes a maximum of 10.68%, somewhat short of your 15% figure. :D

Source: http://www.dft.gov.uk/dvla/foi/Disclosure/Driver%20Licence%20Statistics.aspx

Everyone speeds wether you think it or not or do it on purpose or not. The people to worry about are the ones who think they dont! The honest ones admitt they are.

just my tuppence,

Been on four wheels for years, but two wheels are very new to me. The same things apply across the board though. Anyone who says they never speed is tellin fibs, but there is a difference between simply sticking the toe down (twisting the wrist now) and driving as road traffic conditions dictate.

I always try and stick to the lower limits - there's too many hazards not to. Built up areas, narrower roads, traffic etc, its time to slow down and I dont mind holding up the traffic behind me. Motorways and better roads, there's nothing better than pushing it a bit. As long as it feels safe I'll keep going. While for the moment, the bike tops out under 70, I know my car will do far far more than twice the limit if I wanted to go there. Speed is not the be all and end all, but driving/riding safely and being able to pull up feeling good at the end of a run is amazing :)

S

I stick to 30's, 40's, 50's

allowing for speedo error :lol:

usually do an indicated 80/85 on motorways,

very occasionally have a bit of a blast if conditions

allow. I try not to get into 3 figures too often,

I need my licence to get to work.

I did have the blade at an indicated 175/180 once!

I'm not saying where :lol: as riff says it gets quite hard to see :lol:

My speedier runs are generally on narrow roads, crappy surfaces, bends hump backed bridges and sometimes shit strewn with nowt but dry stone walls or trees and hedges, but thats just the joy of living in yorkshire and I love it :)

Took the wife down some of them in the car her reaction was, am not so keen on you riding now Ive seen where you ride lol

I would be interested to see if or when some of the 125 riders upgrade to something more powerful change their attitude towards speed.

I can suggest that yes, do I have proof no, do you have proof to the contrary?

If not then ny statement stands, I dont know of anyone that sticks to the limits and am sorry road engineers use it when determening speed limits, as there bollox I syggest that this also proves the numbers incorrect!

Drive at 70mph on the motorway and i will bet my Tax Bill that 85 cars will overtake you before 15 cars queue up behind you.

Same as driving at 30mph

:stupid:

Elementary my dear Watson!

If I do 70 on a motorway then 99.9 of other drivers will pass me,,, then again if I do 85 on a motorway then some little girl in fiat punto's or pandas will pass me,

remember motorway speed limit used to be 80 mph till some do gooder stuck is finger in the pie :evil:

No limit at all when they were built 8-)

Yeh but cars couldnt go that quick or stop either if they managed to back then anyway till Shelby stuck his oar in :lol:

All true :D but they couldn't build motorways either,,,,,, the first motorway built is still in a constant state of repair

How would most people on here feel about

1/ 70mph limit on motorways with a bit of latitude given by the police

2/ 80mph limit on motorways but zero tolerance if you go over that

Just wondering what others think? I know the argument will arise about speedo error, but the counter argument would almost certainly be don't drive at 80 if you are worried about speedo error.

Just playing devil's advocate here. Bit off topic, but still related I think.

Bob

How would most people on here feel about

1/ 70mph limit on motorways with a bit of latitude given by the police

Well happy to go with this, as I find most Police will take conditions into account as long as you are not taking the piss (100mph +)