Bragging rights

mealexme

See Paddy Mcguinness regular in the pub that I chef at, he plays 5 a side near to it. Also seen Vernon Kay in there (yeah I'm from Bolton)

been bought a bottle of Bud by El Hadji Diouf.

Was given a skateboard by Chad Muska when I was a kid and he funked his ankle up trying the most ridiculous kickflip I have ever seen, on a Circa tour that hit my local skatepark (sadly no longer with us Bones R.I.P)

Used said skateboard to heelflip the bandstand 8 stair set at my local retail park, (massive acheivement at the time, it eluded me for months, only ever landed it once)

I met Carl Fogarty at Donnington when he was WSB#1 (yeah he was signing stuff, still counts)

I embarrased myself in front of Dougie Lampkin when I was a kid and he was marshalling a schoolboy trial in yorkshire, by asking my uncle where dougie lampkin was when I was stood about three feet away from him.

Had the pleasure of meeting Winston McCall the lead singer of Parkway Drive the first time I saw them in manchester. There were probably only about 800 people at the gig, at the end the bouncers wouldn't let people back in who had left, I was finishing a beer and there ended up about 20 people in the room and the guy made a point of coming back out and having something to say to every one of us and shaking our hands. Legend of a guy, and down to earth to boot. Last time I saw them was at Download. With about 10,000 others.

Smoked a spliff (a vice thats no longer with me) with the band Emmure after the guitarist flipped his guitar round mid set to reveal a duct taped/markered 'Got weed?' on the back. I approached a bouncer with my mate and was shown back stage, all sound guys.

Most recently, and this may be a bit sensitive as on T.V it said he was 'injured' but Gary Cahill, current England + Bolton footballer was on the same Neo-Natal ward with his premature daughter as my son Liam (He's only been home a week) stressfu l situation at best, so I thought it inappropriate to approach him but saw him a few times.

Much better than "I was behind some actor in a que" or "you waved at some actress" :P

Matey, we`re having a laugh, and I think standing behind Keith Chegwin was one of my most proudest moments. I actually walked in his footprints up to the counter. :wink: :lol:

Yeah I know, why the smiley at the end was there ^^

• 2 weeks later...
Hold the front page.

I discovered this week that I live right next door to Rowan Atkinson.

Well, there's about 23 miles between our doors but that's nothing with the way he drives.

haha, thats cool. Seen his F1? infact, has he got it back yet, or is it still being repaired?

Mum used to teach a kid whos unckle owned the island that part of the film Gladiator, directed by Ridley Scott was filmed...

Had a night out with Cyndi lauper in mombassa. (Yes just the two of us :love: )

Her claim to frame is ............. she is the only girl i have taken out that is smaller than me.

met prince edward a couple of years ago when the ship i was serving on was awarded the queens colours

flew back from sierra leone on the queen mothers private jet. much better than a hercules :mrgreen:

not strictly my claim to fame - the ship i've just left is being used for the next brad pitt movie, and 6 of the guys on there that i know are extras as american marines in half a dozen scenes. i was only there for the scouting visit.

and a guy i went to school with is a convicted murderer :shock:

and a guy i went to school with is a convicted murderer :shock:

Hmm, that reminds me... I chaired a disciplinary panel that confirmed the permanent exclusion for a pupil... he went on a few years later to kill an elderly couple with a hammer and is now serving double life. :shock:

I also chaired his brothers' exclusion... he just went down for 14 years for kidnapping and gbh. :shock:

I no longer chair those panels.

Bob Geldof lives very near me. So near that his wedding reception music kept me awake all night. His recent birthday party was so much quieter, I guess he must have mellowed a tad! :lol:

Tim Henman is my second cousins wife cousin. If you follow that. :D Wouldn't bother most people, but I play a lot of tennis and so it meant more to me than most. When the marriage happened Tim was still playing. People only believe me now he's retired.

Tim Henman is my second cousins wife cousin.

Wait, what?

so your cousins cousins wifes cousin? (is second cousin, your cousins cousin?)

Is cousin even a word?

second cousin = your cousin's child.

so i would say that his cousin's son is married to a girl, who has a cousin, called tim. geddit ? :D

Tim Henman is my second cousins wife cousin.

Wait, what?

Is cousin even a word?

so i would say that his cousin's son is married to a girl, who has a cousin, called tim. geddit ? :D

ah right. i think so yea lol

Wait, what?

Is cousin even a word?

ah right. i think so yea lol

Nearly - it's my Mum's cousin, so that means it's my second cousin.

So my Mum's cousin is married to Tim's cousin to put it more simply.

Bragging rights. hmmmm. Done a few bits and bobs on the Urban exploring front (climbed Angel of the North, stood on top of Battersea power station, been into some underground bunkers that still dont officially exist and parts of the Paris catacoombs unseen for years) but on the people that I know front one of them was the first person to BASE the Burj in Dubai and another mate was briefley in the Specials (band not police) and sung on "ghost town".

Bragging rights. hmmmm. Done a few bits and bobs on the Urban exploring front (climbed Angel of the North, stood on top of Battersea power station, been into some underground bunkers that still dont officially exist and parts of the Paris catacoombs unseen for years).

see, this is what bragging rights should be like. Not i saw someone famous or I know someone who... lol

• 2 weeks later...
Does this count as a brag aswel?

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o241/neil964_photos/042-10.jpg

Steetley magnesite chimney in Hartlepool I absailed with a few mates at the weekend.

:wink:

Full report here

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/sho ... hp?t=66082

nice! you and your mates have got a big set of balls to be doing that! :shock:

• 1 month later...

Overtook a Ferrari California on my scooter :D - (in traffic. Shhh)

Overtook a Ferrari 360 on my 125 :D - on the duel carriageway in clear traffic (he was lost and wasn't even doing the speed limit but shhh....)

Overtook a Nissan GTR :D - it was stopped outside a local shop, but the engine was running so it still counts...