UK Challenge 100 + Discussion

TC

Will there be a way of submitting/adding new locations throughout the year, or will they be set at the start?

I hope people will keep submitting places to go and see, or roads they found that were good.

I'm not sure about adding new places throughout the year. Maybe we could save them to use next year (when you have a different number :wink: )

I started reading this thread and thought it would be a good idea that I would be up for, by the end of reading it I've become confused. I dont know if Im doing the trips on my bike or in my car wearing leather chaps, I dont know If I can trade the points in for rewards as Tesco and I dont know if that is really Timmy tiger in the photo who has got a head start already!

:stupid:

Can we just simplify the rules? :lol:

Im against the pillions and going in car rule as otherwise I know someone who rides to Scotland each week who I could just steal a lift off and get the train back down if I wanted. Some people drive up and down the country due to work and would easily rack up points.

We know 125s can go up and down the country with little problem these days so anything below should get more points for going distance but 125 4-strokes can do LETJOGs without sweating it so I dont think they need special treatment :)

Just man/woman on their bike, ride to a place, get points but perhaps make it depend on the place. We just need a collection of areas for each region of the country to make it fair for all and then maybe have a points bonus for going over 150 miles one way to get one?

It's not about the points :roll:

It's all about getting out and having fun and finding new places where not making it a competition the way its going I might knock the points system on the head and just have locations

It's not about the points :roll:

It's all about getting out and having fun and finding new places where not making it a competition the way its going I might knock the points system on the head and just have locations

Good plan, drop the points system as it's too complicated, pretty pointless if it's not a competition, and would disadvantage those that join later as they would likely feel disinclined to start "so far behind" (even though it's not a competition, how on earth are you going to stifle the competitiveness that exists if we tally points?)

Those that feel inclined to do so can keep a record of the number of "new to them" locations they visit.

Everyone who turns up at a location with a number who has got there on a bike (so that could be three people if anyone has a side car), takes a photo and posts it gets a point.

We trust that no one will go outwith the spirit of the Challenge.

There is no prize.

The rules will be out by the end of next week.

this thread is for discussions about every aspect the game including places to include.

So if you've registered or not please keep sending ideas of good biking roads, strange monuments etc.

Not me Grumpy Old Git, I've just got there and I'm on my bike, and I've even got a photo to prove it!

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i373/timmytiger123/1-3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Where did you park the car (and trailer for the bike)?

2. That is not Appllecross (as clearly stated on the sign - it is the road to Applecross).

3. The 'Tag' competition has not started yet!

:up:

I will likely just go to whatever point I can and take a picture.

Nothing to be gained by not getting out there anyway, and any excuse to get the bike out is what it's all about.

Look forward to about 200 pics of my bike (or bikes :wink: ) at the Green Welly or Inverary :lol:

And if anyone is heading up this way from down south give me a shout.

I don't mind going to places more than once either. :mrgreen:

I'm not in favour of getting tags in a car - I thought the whole idea in the first place is to get people out on the BIKE!! It's supposed to be fun, and surely there will be enough tag venues to keep people happy whatever they ride. :?

However I do think pillions should be able to collect points (and that's not from a biased point of view!) as they are, after all, getting to the tag on a bike!

The only possible exception to the 'not going in the car' should maybe be if we include TMBF weekend events, such as the Rally.

I still say that mileage should be a completely separate thing - that's what is making this more complicated than it needs to be!

I agree.

You ride on your bike, (any motorbike, some people have more than one) take a picture - get the points.

Pillion rides on the back of a bike takes a picture (with them in it) - gets the points

The reason i say with them in the picture, its proof they were there.

Well thats the rules sorted

Just makes sure your number is clearly visible.

also the car thing came about because of the BSB tracks people may visit them but in car to watch the racing so we will allow these :)

Bollocks :evil: I've forgot to add those :oops:

Oh well

I think that maybe a fun simple points thing, but with proving that you was there should be scraped and just enjoy the ride out and post photos if you wish.

As people who want to cheat, do cheat but it's just you that will be feeling bad not no one else.

Just down to see if we can pull together as a nice forum family and have good sportsmenship and not lie :)

Down to you if you want to just play nice and tell the truth

MY GOD PEEPS LISTEN TO YA

what does it matter how a member gets there , the point is that they have got there and really how hard is it to take a pic of you at the location with ya number showing wether you rode there or not , just enjoy the game for the fun it meant to be and stop trying to rule peeps out instead of in.

In the words of me

if ya dont like it dont play

simples