UK Challenge 100 + Discussion

TC

After the success of the 'Tag' game we are going to add an extra game/Challenge to the forum.

A few members on here have already had some input to helping us with suggestions of places to visit and how to run the game (Thank you to all that have helped so far)

The idea of the game is that we post 100 places to visit (the tag) before january. These will be names and postcodes not photos, The Places will be spread out across mainland uk from Lands end to John O'groats, so everyone can have a chance of joining in.

The Challenge will run for the whole of 2012

For each tag you get by taking a photo of your bike with the tag in the background you will be awarded points. The amount of points will be depend how difficult it is to get the tag.

To stop people from using 'Stock' photos. You register you intention to play BEFORE you go to get a tag and you will be given 'A Tag 100 number' unique to you. This number MUST be in the photo Just put it on on A4 bit of paper stuck on your bike or you holding it.

You do as many or as few of the tags as you like. The idea is to get people out on their bikes. We are trying to incorporate good biking roads with the tags.

We are going to use Bike friendly Pubs/cafes, BSB circiuts, bridges, monuments and anything that people can think of or suggest to us.

The original Tag game will continue as normal.

SO NOW ITS OVER TO YOU LOT

Feel free to dicuss, suggest ideas and have some input to this game. As its a game for all of us to play for 2012

If your interterested in playing and want a registion number register here

http://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/view ... 23&t=42104

How many more sugestions do you need tc?

As many as possible Gary

We have 10 BSB circuits so there are sorted.

Anywhere with good roads would be ideal. It doesnt have to be a big famous monument just something to show you have been there.

I'm pretty sure my phone camera wont pick up a number written on a bit of paper.. Is there any other way of doing it instead/aswell? Or will a bit of paper stuck to my bike that looks blank be ok? :lol:

I'm pretty sure my phone camera wont pick up a number written on a bit of paper.. Is there any other way of doing it instead/aswell? Or will a bit of paper stuck to my bike that looks blank be ok? :lol:

Or you could just practice your colouring in.....draw the number and colour it. If you're really posh you could laminate it!!!

Or you could just practice your colouring in.....draw the number and colour it. If you're really posh you could laminate it!!!

Yea but that means preperation.. I was thinking more of going for a ride and thinking whilst out 'think im gunna go to that pub for the game' and then nicking a pen and paper when there... Oh well, spose Im gunna have to prepare lol

I've registered.

I hate making commitments, I've broken out in a cold sweat :shock:

Anyway, I take it we put our suggestions on this thread? And TC will compile the list?

Also, is there a start/end date?

How will the points work?

I would suggest point per pic, or two points for a pic which is way in the middle of nowhere, and not near many members like any near me... [insert cheeky smiley here]

Edited by mealexme

Whos gonna keep score?

How easy will it be to keep score if its a thread of random picks by random members?

will we have to make an album of pics in the gallery thing so its easy to tally?

Not read the thread in mods so not sure if we sorry you have discussed this :)

The points could be based on distanced travelled from home to tag via goggle maps default route or something like that. 1point per mile sort of thing.

That was one of the options we discusssed. The only problem with that is that if someone from the south coast does a tour of scotland and gets all the tags up there, They could post them one at a time and claim loads more miles than they have riden.

another suggestion is 10 points per tag if there are a few tags within a certain area going up to maybe 30 points for a tag that is on its own in the south west of wales.

Then we could have bonus points if you complete a group of tags i.e. all the bsb circuits or all the bridges.

I've registered.

I hate making commitments, I've broken out in a cold sweat :shock:

Anyway, I take it we put our suggestions on this thread? And TC will compile the list ?

Don't worry about making a comittiment Gayle there is no pressure to do any of the tags if you can't make it. The only reason we need you to register is to stop people from using old photos, by getting your registration number before you go.

You can do as many or as few a you like. Its just a reason to get out on your bike.

Any suggestions you have, you can either put them on here or PM me or Stu.

Not over bothered about the rules, you guys thought of the competition so i`ll go along with what decided.

My own two peneth worth though (just and opinion note) is why not just have a point for each location. The number of places visited equals the number of points. South Devon rider gets 30 points for riding around South Devon. East Anglia rider gets 25 for riding around East Anglia and so on. Distance is irrelavent as we will all live near a few of the sites or if we decide to do a long journey you`ll be rewarded with the extra points.

Then again I`m not over competetive, I`ll just enjoy the riding and seeing all the pickies of nice places. :D

Worth a go! :cheers:

I'm sure you 'organ-isers' will manage to sort a fair(ish) scoring system :3some:

Suggestion - Score an extra 1,000,000 points for an 'L' under 21 year old based near to Land's End getting a John-O'Groats Tag during the first three months of 2012! :mrgreen:

Cheers

:cheers:

Whos gonna keep score?

How easy will it be to keep score if its a thread of random picks by random members?

will we have to make an album of pics in the gallery thing so its easy to tally?

I was going to say that the individual keeps their own score everytime they post a picture have the amount for that tag and then a Total amount for that person. Anyone can go back through the posts to check scores are correct then. Once up and running the game should run itself, to a degree.

I like the idea of people having an album in the gallery as well - Opional

But please don't get too focused on the points side of the game. The aim of doing this is to give peple somewhere to go on the bike where you probably wouldn't go.

The main thing is to enjoy it.

just have a point for each location. The number of places visited equals the number of points. South Devon rider gets 30 points for riding around South Devon. East Anglia rider gets 25 for riding around East Anglia and so on. Distance is irrelavent as we will all live near a few of the sites

:stupid:

IMO it would be very complicated to allocate different points for different places, and what is a trickier place to get to for one person may be easy for another! I don't think we can start categorising big bikes/125's cos that just adds to the complications. As long as we make sure that there are a good number of venues all over the country (we could use the geographical areas in the Events/Rideouts section) then 125 riders can join in just the same. I ride a 125 & know for sure I'm not gonna be able to get very many tags but I'll have fun going to the ones I can get!! :D

After all, like has been said, it's all about getting out on your bike - who knows, it might generate meets with other members

I suggest that we don't worry about mileage points, just the same points for each venue, maybe bonus points for a 'set' - e.g all BSB tracks.

I would also suggest that we could have a separate competition running alongside for the total number of miles done to get the tags over the year, relying on people's honesty! :wink:

It's all a bit of fun - please lets not get bogged down with loads of 'what if's' !!! :D

Agree with Susie, differentiating in points will be viewed as unfair by some. I would go for one point per pic and a bonus 10 for collecting all in a group (tracks etc.). Lots of different groups though. Also bonus points for 10 bridges or 10 lakes or whatever, all sorts of ways to bump your points.

Also if people put their bike's mileage as of 6am on the morning of Jan 1st 2012 then post their mileage at the end of the year... although that's the annual mileage. Perhaps every pic could be accompanied by the googlemaps distance.

Just thinking aloud now... :D