Another "What would you do"

nman1

<t>What to Do</t>  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What to Do

• Pay off present bike, keep it and be £200 better off a month
    • Keep up payments and keep bike until paid off next March
    • Put good deposit down on new Speed Triple and make monthly payments
    • Keep money in bank and have as a back up for any unforseen circumstances.
    • Blow the bloody lot on a fantastic holiday to Australia to see rellies

I`ve just had a nice little bonus from work and I`m expecting another fairly shortly in the 4 figures. Really racking my brain what to do with regards spending it or not as the case may be.

My fellow forum members opinions most welcome.

Pay off bike, and put 200quid per month into holiday fund. its winter in Oz right now, so by the time their summer comes, you'll have enough dosh! :cheers:

Pay off bike, and put 200quid per month into holiday fund. its winter in Oz right now, so by the time their summer comes, you'll have enough dosh! :cheers:

:stupid: Unless the bike is on 0%

But i would deffinetly do the Oz thing Neil

:stupid: Unless the bike is on 0%

But i would deffinetly do the Oz thing Neil

:stupid:

Some of the crap I`ve taken over the last two or three years, believe me, I deserve it.

The bike is on 3% so paying off would save some dosh.

Australia is looking good but then again I`ve not seen my rellies in 40 years so I only just remember some of my cousins and my Aunt is the only older one left. Both my other two Uncles and other Aunt have since died.

Bloody decision making, Id never hang myselfe :lol:

Edited by nman1

not sure about another bike, you only have the ability to ride one at a time, maybe do half n half, put half away for rainy days/retirement and then put the rest to the bike or holiday, if your getting two payments then i am sure you could do this.

Depends a bit on how easy it is currently to keep up with your regular payments, bike, rent etc.. and how much of an impact £200 extra is likely to make. People have a habit of living to their income (or thereabouts :wink: ) so you may see little difference over time.

Personally I think a bonus is a bonus and, as long as you can afford to, it should be used for something special. I get an annual bonus and in the past when things were a bit tighter it was used to pay off accumulated debts/overdraft but now it goes on a holiday (after paying off smaller accumulated debts :wink: ).

I've just had a lovely cheque of £1116 refund from the tax man, was planning to put it towards a new bike (nc700) but my bike has just sailed through the mot with no advisories and she is very reliable and im getting 50 mpg out of her so I'm going to keep her. I'm putting £300 in the holiday fund (for mrs Nogin) give the kids each £100 take the family out for a slap up meal, a new lid for me as I hate my current one, new knee sliders as my ols ones are shagged and what's left will get lost in the savings account!

It's nice to have some money thats not accounted for already in the family budget!

Edited by Nogin

I've just had a lovely cheque of £1116 refund from the tax man, was planning to put it towards a new bike (nc700) but my bike has just sailed through the mot with no advisories and she is very reliable and im getting 50 mpg out of her so I'm going to keep her. I'm putting £300 in the holiday fund, give the kids each £100 take the family out for a slap up meal, a new lid for me as I hate my current one, new knee sliders as my ols ones are shagged and what's left will get lost in the savings account!

It's nice to have some money thats not accounted for already in the family budget!

Fully understand the last sentence there Noggin. It does feel great to have a matrees to fall back onto should shite hit the fan for any reason. I do know the bike is coming up for its 28k service which is a BIG one so I`m told.

Feck my brain hurts :scratch:

Fully understand the last sentence there Noggin. It does feel great to have a matrees to fall back onto should shite hit the fan for any reason. I do know the bike is coming up for its 28k service which is a BIG one so I`m told.

Feck my brain hurts :scratch:

I voted non 1 because we recently paid off our mortgage and what a difference that has made. We can now afford similar things to the rest of your list and I am rapidly saving for my next bike and we are off abroad to see relatives next month.

at the risk of sounding like martin lewis...

I would pay off the bike, however if i had other debt at a higher rate than the 3% bandied around, i'd pay that off first.

however, as someone who has recently got rid of a car because it was costing too much, i can't believe what a difference that extra £200-£400 a month makes. I no longer feel like i have a car that's grinding me into more and more debt!

I like the suggestion of the pay off bike. and then save the extra £200 towards a Oz trip. just think by EOY you have 1.2k good to go.

otherwise trip to Oz, keepsome aside for the 28k service. Esp if the £200 a month is thrashing you.

thats my 2pence.

J

Pay off the bike and put the £200 a month to a good use, some into a rainy day fund, some into a holiday fund.

:stupid:

a friend of mine just had a bit of a windfall, and wishes he'd paid off his mortgage instead of buying a brand new car - which he doesn't like that much :lol:

as well as the knowledge his house is totally his, he'd have more spare cash each month and could have had the new car anyway on finance

and it's always nice knowing you've got a bit extra cash to flash if you need it