Anyone a facebook expert?

Nogin

I have a Facebook account and to be fair Its ok for keeping intouch with friends and family expecially as we have family abroad.

I dont do the games or any of the other sh*t on there just keep intouch with friends. I hardly up date my status.

Anyway there are two people I work with they are on my friends list, they are turning out to be the most slimy, untrusting, caniving evil, back stabbing bitches I have ever met. They are nice to your face and horrible behind you back, not to mention lying through their teeth to you.

I don't really have much to do with them now while at work and I want to get shot of them from Facebook, however i know If I just remove them (which is what I wnat to do) they will kick up a shit storm. I just know it and one of them them is shagging the boss so my card is alread marked.

Does anyone know if i can block them, not let them see my status and me not see theirs with out them realising I have done that?

Friggin hate that site site, but its a great way of keeping intouch with old friends and family.

Not really.

If you remove them it won't tell them until they stop seeing your posts. If they look for you they will then realise that you are no longer friends. Same as if you block them.

What kind of shitstorm can they kick up?

You removed me from Facebook!

Why yes, yes I did.

Weebl, i know what you are saying, but they can as i said one is banging the boss, he tried to bollock me last week when i challenged one of the girls on her behaviour towards another preson, caused me a real head ache. However he did back track some what when i pointed out it was unprofessional of him to be bollocking me as he was shagging one of them.

I just want to come to work, do my job and go home at the end of my shift alive. I don't want hassle and I hate gossip.

Weebl, i know what you are saying, but they can as i said one is banging the boss, he tried to bollock me last week when i challenged one of the girls on her behaviour towards another preson, caused me a real head ache. However he did back track some what when i pointed out it was unprofessional of him to be bollocking me as he was shagging one of them.

I just want to come to work, do my job and go home at the end of my shift alive. I don't want hassle and I hate gossip.

I know what you are saying, It's just because of the way I am that I would not hesitate to unfriend somebody and then happily tell them I had done it.

I do know people who have been in your situation before and what they did was set up a whole new account (use your middle name, hyphenate it or something to differentiate it from your current account) and then re-invite all the people you still want to be friends with. Leave the old account dormant. It will work but obviously if they later find out you will be in the same place as you will be if you just unfriend them.

If you unfriend them they get to know you have done it when you come up as a suggested friend :shock:

There is a way that you can BLOCK them so you can't see their posts and they can't see yours.

Not sure how to do it though :(

Bollocks, I just manned up and deleted the one thats shagging the boss, she will be expecting I guess. :shock: LOL

This whole situation is a joke, well depending on what happens on saturdays late shift will determin weather I kick the other.

I tell you one thing i have learned how to fear the fairer sex! Sorry ladies, but you can be nothing short of bloody evil for no good reason but your own gain.

You can easily, there is a restricted list on facebook, so they still stay your friends but they wont see any of your status updates etc. You can chose who you want to see when you post something with button next to post, and select custom, or if want to do it permanently follow this mate

1. Click "Home" from top right on FB homepage

2. Click "Privacy" settings

3. At bottom of list click "Manage blocking" next to Blocked people and apps.

4. New screen appears and first bit is about add friends to restricted list, at end of sentence about it is "edit list" click that.

5. New window appears called "edit restricted"

6. From drop down list on top left, choose friends, and then search for people you want to add to it.

7. Add them and then basically, these people will only see things you make public, they will still be your friend but wont realise you have them restricted unless they for example go and look at your profile from another friend on your list and see you have posted, but it hasnt shown on theirs, they would have to be very sad to do this!

p.s and if don't want to see theirs, just find a post by them, click down arrow right hand side of their post, and click unsubscribe and wont see any more of their annoying and pointless status updates :)

Make sure that friends on facebook are rl friends. I try to explain to the kids that you can't be friends with 1800 people. The usual excuse is your account has been hacked , oh dear sorry, I've lost all my friends ;-( I have 2 accounts for this reason. Many people want to be your fbfriend to be nosey. Why do you need to have people on fb you speak to in person daily?

Thanks nearon, you are a star! One gone completely and the other blocked, I cannot see her crap she cannot see mine.

Colin, normally i'm super careful, had a few requests from people I don't like as well as don't remember so never accepted them. the problem with FB is its abused more than its correctly used.

I have a Facebook account and to be fair Its ok for keeping intouch with friends and family expecially as we have family abroad.

I dont do the games or any of the other sh*t on there just keep intouch with friends. I hardly up date my status.

Anyway there are two people I work with they are on my friends list, they are turning out to be the most slimy, untrusting, caniving evil, back stabbing bitches I have ever met. They are nice to your face and horrible behind you back, not to mention lying through their teeth to you.

I don't really have much to do with them now while at work and I want to get shot of them from Facebook, however i know If I just remove them (which is what I wnat to do) they will kick up a shit storm. I just know it and one of them them is shagging the boss so my card is alread marked.

Does anyone know if i can block them, not let them see my status and me not see theirs with out them realising I have done that?

Friggin hate that site site, but its a great way of keeping intouch with old friends and family.

If it's just friends & family you want to keep in touch with, use skype,,,, to much of shit happens on f/b

Facebook is the Devil.

Cost me my fiancée and job. Due to some **** taking things the wrong way and telling my boss.

Worst thing ever put on the internet.

Steer clear at all, possibility.

Best thing you can do is deactivate your account and never go on again.

I'd second the de-activating your account thing.

you can however add those certain people to an exclusive list on your friends that only allows them to see extremely limited things. basically just allowing them to message you if they actually need to speak to you.

if you still need the help just ask or pm me i should be able to walk you through it.

I dropped off facebook last year.. I just stopped using it and never logged back in...

Got so fed up of hearing how obsessed new parents kids were doing and all the other mundane crap people were posting, that i just switched it off. I didnt bother deleting the account, or telling anyone I was going, I just dont go back, and feel much better for it...

IF people want to contact me, they have my telephone number and my email address, what more do they need??