82 members have voted

1. 1. Have you by accident.....

• Popped a wheely?
    • Had a stoppy?
    • Got your peg down?
    • Got your knee down?
    • Got the back to slide out?
    • Left the ground and flown?
    • Left a great big skid mark (on the road)?
    • None of above.

I ask because today, by accident as a sheep ran straight out in front of me on a muddy bend, I had the back wheel out in a pretty perfect slide.

I felt like a biking God, but a bit of wee still came out :shock: :D

(You can vote for any that you have done)

Edited by Throttled

The first time I got my peg down it was totally unexpected. I was going up the bendy bits from Jedburgh to Carter Bar, as I rounded one of the bends my foot started lifting and there was a strange noise, it took me what seemed like forever to work out what was happening :lol:

pretty small list :lol:

done most its part of learning :lol:

had the back slide out a few years ago coming in to a corner I somehow dropped one gear too many and it slid and went sideways and stayed like it all the way through the corner!

It felt great and controlled even though it was a pure accident! but wont be trying that for a long long time

pulled a couple of wheelies by accident but pull them when I want now :?

the most recent one was the full bike sliding sideways thanks to a nice big patch of gravel :shock:

Did a stoppie when i grabed my front brake and clutch at the same time when someone switched lanes in front of me and I wasnt expecting it, dont want to do that again.

I thought I got my peg down on a roundabout but after a few seconds realised it was just my toe, started moving about on the bike more now when I'm going for spirited rides.

Got the back to slide out when I was standing on my pegs cos of small annoying speedbumps in an industrial park and accidently changed down to first instead of going up into third, locked up the back wheel and the back came out, that felt good and exciting.

Also got the back out yesterday a little bit when i spun up my rear just after a corner in the wet (first time on my 600 in the wet), that felt good as well lol.

Left a huge skid mark in the mod 1 test centre :twisted: - It had rained earlier so it was wet, emergency stop time and I reached my hand round the throttle more than normal to give it almost full throttle when getting out of the bend, hit 67kph through the speed trap but used too much back brake and locked up the back wheel but by the time i noticed it was locked, it started sliding out so I just controled it somehow (this was after my first back end slide experience so that helped prepare me) and after the bike had gone side to side about 4 times it straightened out and I reapplied the back brake and stopped nicely beside the examiner, the examiner had to fail me cos it was such a long skid but said if it was an exercise in controling the bike after losing traction I would have passed amazingly

Hmm 4 out of 7, 3 more things on ym to-do list now :D

Does lying on the floor watching sparks fly as the bike slides down the road constitute putting a peg down? :lol:

I've had the back wheel slide out exiting a roundabout in the wet and had second gear wheel spin when accelerating hard onto a 60 limit, also in the wet.. The rear tyre was replaced shortly after both incidents.. :oops:

Just did everything you shouldn't do when losing control on a corner, went onto a grassy bank and currently got an ice pack on my knee, a heat pack on my calf, and begging for an MRI scan tommorrow t see if I need surgery...and still in disbelief this is our honeymooooon, lol!

Oh well, at least my bike came off better than me...if only my bike had sick pay though! :roll:

I didn't do a skiddy tho - anywhere! A bit of pee almost came out when laughing at a post in the adult secton earlier tho hahaha!

:laugh:

That's certainly something to work torwards, tho your list is looking quite impressive so far...or not so impressive...I'm not sure hahaha! You certainly get points for experience!!! :bike2:

Btw, what's a stoppie?? :oops:

by accident... Yea, about that... I accidently pin the throttle every time I go over a nearby hump back bridge (including twice behind cops, but both times I couldnt get enough speed otherwise I would have gone into the back of them) and jump the bike

I have accidently jumped it though, first time was at over 70 coming out of a left corner trying to stand the bike up and set myself up for the next righthand corner in the middle of an S bend and going over a dip that you just dont notice when you do the speed limit.. at 40

left skid marks on the road a few times, mainly getting used to a geared bike and changing down too soon locking the rear at low speeds. Also locking up a few times at junctions when getting used to the brakes on the bandit. Not done it on purpose though

the back end has come out a couple of times on slippy surfaces and I have had my foot hit the ground when doing 30 in a 30 limit on a 90 degree corner. Didnt think I was leaning over very far so it made me jump

Accidentially wheelied when I rode my dads KTM 950 and gave it a handful, that thing will lift off the throttle in 1st 2cnd and 3rd.

Peg down was on my CG when I went round a rather tight roundabout just outside the local police station, it picked the back end up and moved it about 6 inches, god only knows how I stayed on.

Back end sliding used to happen on my current bike when it was first purchased and had a square bt45 on the back, happened all the time in the wet.

I left the ground several times on a bike, once on the GPZ on a ride out with a few people from here on a hump back bridge with a severe drop off. When I was younger I had a XR75, I used to go riding with my uncle who competed in trials, he pointed me to a rather large hill and said go up that, but back off when your near the top. Being young I flew up the whole thing, probably jumped about 5ft in the air off the top of the thing and landed slap bang in the middle of what can only be described as a shallow pond. Didn't like water that bike, died instantly and had to be pushed back to the pick up.

That's certainly something to work torwards, tho your list is looking quite impressive so far...or not so impressive...I'm not sure hahaha! You certainly get points for experience!!! :bike2:

a stoppie is when you grab a handful of front brake and the arse end comes up in the air... the bikes arse end i mean not yours :lol: :lol: :lol:

I reckon a fair number will have done all!

Knee down was something my mates were obsessed with when we were on 50s and 125s so I did it but it wasnt really impressive. I bought some strap on knee pads to go over my kevlar jeans lately and scuffed them a bit. But let it be known I was trying to, I was hanging off like an ape etc. I dont think it requires skill, more confidence.

Pegs etc are common if I get into a "spot of fun" with another bike rider.

I can do wheelies, im better at power wheelies, i still havent got a good nack of clutch wheelies so its inconsistent heights.

Most with a 600 or higher can do these things, its down to whether or not you meant to do it :lol:

The taking off I do on my travels up north to my parents via back roads. I do the whole 200 miles by A-road and theres two lovely hump bridges and if you go briskly towards them you get a good little hop off them. Probably not good for my suspension but the whole bikes coming to bits this winter anyway :up:

where is the "no" option? :)

Added a none of the above.

What other things should go onto the list?

Where is the option for 'Went off a humpbacked bridge up a hill at 80 on a CX500, got 5' of air and accidentally went right over the bonnet of a volvo estate that pulled out of a lane on the left just as I was flying past'? I then went 200yds up the road and THEN nearly fell off I was shaking so much when I realised what I had just done. (5am starts, used to regularly try and see how much air I could get over this bridge)

Thanks, biking has been fun and addictive, always craving for more fun experiences

Stoppie- using the front brake soo much that the back end of the bike goes up off the ground and possibly flips over