Are you right or left handed or even ambidextrous

Tankbag

<t>Left or right or ambidextrous</t>  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Left or right or ambidextrous

• Left handed
    • Right handed
    • Ambidextrous

Trying to sort out a new wireless mouse & found loads of posts from left handed folks not happy with right handed biased mice which got me thinking does being left handed change the way someone rides. Never thought about it before, does anyone know about any left handed racers ?

I was ambidextrous until I smashed my left elbow

now I'm right handed

Sorry to hear you smashed up your elblow dude.

The single voter who is left handed, I most curious about how you get on with a throttle on the right,

All depends what im doing..

I shoot a rifle left handed, but can also shoot equally well right handed. I play a guitar left handed, I write (very badly) right handed, and eat my dinner left handed (cutlery in the wrong hands) so lots of things i do left handed, and some i do either way round.

However, I've never tried wiping my arse left handed, but live in eternal fear that if i ever broke my right arm i would end up in a real mess trying to use my left arm!! :oops:

mainly a righty but sometimes ambi. I write with my right, lift a cup to my mouth with my right and do most things with my right I think my right arm is probably slightly stronger too because I lift things with my right more but I do find myself doing things with my left hand sometimes and half way through I think. Well this is odd

My hand writing always looks rushed but thats just how it is, and I can do it with both hands like my grandad...

I discovered quite late, I learned how to write with my left hand then went over to my right.

However I use both hands for a multitude of tasks.

I wear my watch on the right wrist, which is typical of left handed people but I've always done it due to how I learned to write.

I vary on how I use cutlery etc.

But all this I sort of noticed every now and again, but my girlfriend recently noticed me jotting away with my left hand because I was at an angle on my sofa and it was easier. Since then I've noticed I will write quite alot with my left hand but more just out of habit.

And it doesnt effect my riding ability, I have no preference for cornering though, but I used to sway from left handers to right handers :lol:

I'm left-handed. :D

I write with my left, hold a tennis racket with my left, kick a football/rugby ball with my left foot, don't have any probs with riding or driving and hold cutlery 'correctly'. My rifles and pistols are either ambidextrous or right-hand biased and I can shoot accurately with either hand but prefer left.

I can write legibly with my right-hand but it is not as neat as with my left hand and while I can use both hands don't consider myself ambidextrous.

But I do hate right-handed mice and scissors that aren't ambidextrous. I use an Apple mouse - ambidextrous.

My rifles and pistols are either ambidextrous or right-hand biased and I can shoot accurately with either hand but prefer left.

slightly off topic here, but does firing a right hand biased rifle left handed mean the ejection port puts the hot brass into your face? How do you cope with this?

I learnt on the SA80, if you shoot left handed with that the cocking handle hits your chin so hard it shatters it, then just to add insult to injury, the ejected brass will probably jump down your throat as you shout your profanity of choice.

My rifles and pistols are either ambidextrous or right-hand biased and I can shoot accurately with either hand but prefer left.

slightly off topic here, but does firing a right hand biased rifle left handed mean the ejection port puts the hot brass into your face? How do you cope with this?

I learnt on the SA80, if you shoot left handed with that the cocking handle hits your chin so hard it shatters it, then just to add insult to injury, the ejected brass will probably jump down your throat as you shout your profanity of choice.

I shot an R4 (SADF, '80's) and on my right shoulder so no issues on National Service but my CZ hunting carbine is also meant for righties but I'm slightly more accurate on my left - got a good deal when I bought it - and the only annoying thing is if I shoot on my left the bolt is in my face and is a palaver to reload. My Glock and Colt pistols have ambidextrous grips.

Thats the reason i can shoot a rifle equally well left or right handed... I learnt to shoot air riffles as a kid left handed, but then when i started shooting proper weapons, left handed was not an option, so i quickly learnt to shoot right handed. Now im happy to shoot either way round.

• 2 weeks later...