WHATS THE BEST HIGH SECURITY BIKE LOCK??????

Guest ADI

Hi,

hoping to hear from the users regarding the 3 following bike locks, i know there heavyweight and some might view as overkill, but i just need clarification if the squire is just as good as the Almax??

these are the 3 locks

Almax Immobiliser Series III (Chain Only)

http://www.almax-security-chains.co.uk/ ... ts/c-1-73/

Squire Ex-Caliber 16mm

http://www.motorbike-security.co.uk/ite ... mm-chain-s s65cs-padlock-concave-ground-anchor/

Protector 16mm Chain Only

http://securityforbikes.com/products.ph ... ut+padlock s%29

Many thanks

Kind regards

the allmax is among the best you can buy from various reviews I have read, they claim that it has never been bolt cropped, there is also this picture on their website.....

http://www.almax-security-chains.co.uk/images/bigwall.jpg

They may say never bolt cropped, but these days you can have a lipo powered slitting disc that will go through any chain or lock in 3 seconds flat, almost silently.

I use a chain, ground anchor and disclok, all insurance approved, but I am aware they can still get it if they want it. It's a deterrent though, and will stop casual joy riders and kids.

Thanks for all your replies, MUCH APPRECIATED.

I understand that a pro with machine tools can cut any chain ect ect.

But the thing i want to know if there is any difference in these 16mm chains?

As the SQUIRE is a fair bit cheaper then the almax and the other.

And also i cant find any reviews on the squire, but at the same time i can find any videos of people cutting them or chopping them in 2 with bolt cutters.

Fact is the chains are a deterrent and sometimes just an insurance clause.

That is why there is a DAY OF JUDGMENT, THAT'S THE DAY TRUE JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED.

kind regards

Spam post?? Promoting his own website by including others in the post..

Spammers are getting cleverer.

Hi, im not a spamer!!!

genuine looking for the truth regarding security chains.

I have also discovered that The biggest bolt cutters only can open 12.7mm.... so any solid quality chain bigger then 12.7mm is an issue for a basic thief.

I have also learned that chains are just a deterrent in the hope that the thief will move onto another bike.

Another thing i have understood is never lock the chain so it lies on the floor, as not is becomes a target for attack via sledge hammer.

I also see that the weakest link in the chain is the padlock..... so not point buying a decent chain and weak padlock... or vice versa.

In the end i went for the cheaper option of a 16mm Squire ex caliber and the 2nd best lock i did research on that was the squire ss50 padlock.

When buying padlock.... make sure its closed shekel and it will fit your chain dimensions.

Budget did restrict me or no doubt i would have gone for the almax.

As i said im no spammer and just trying to work out the nature of the security chain market.

I also learned that use 2 locks that requires different tools to be broken, this way the thief mind will tell them to move on to an easier target.

All chains only claim Hand bolt cutter protection, and its a totally different story with regards to a determined thief with power tools of a hydraulic bolt cropper.

For all those who believe in the 1 true GOD according to the teaching of the authentic prophets and messengers..... Take heed from the statement of the final Prophet (para phrased! "tie your camel (riding machine) and put your trust in the 1 true God"

That is what i will be doing, and was part of the reason i opted for the cheaper combination.

I hope this helps other people. And i want to also thanks all the people who replied to this thread.

Kind regards

Adi

"For all those who believe in the 1 true GOD according to the teaching of the authentic prophets and messengers..... Take heed from the statement of the final Prophet (para phrased! "tie your camel (riding machine) and put your trust in the 1 true God"

What the smeg is this in the middle of your post? I do happen to believe in the one true God but that is just random and weird!

That was meant to be my last input on the thread.

But as you asked for clarification i will provide it.

The religion that God wants man to follow has been the same from the beginning of time till the end of time.

Im not an expert, and now i concluded my bike lock setup + i prob wont be using this site again.

I will leave you with this link.

Its not spam..... and i pray you all become guided.

What religion did Prophet IBRAHIM FOLLOW???

The Three Prophets - One Message- Abdur Raheem Green

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpL9ariPQiQ

PEACE

Im not an expert, and now i concluded my bike lock setup + i prob wont be using this site again.

You're not a biker, if you were, you wouldnt leave the site after one thread!!!

Mods should delete all links you've posted as you clearly came on here just to post links, not talk about bikes...

SPAMMER!!!

You're not a biker, if you were, you wouldnt leave the site after one thread!!!

Mods should delete all links you've posted as you clearly came on here just to post links, not talk about bikes...

SPAMMER!!!

The spammers are so sneaky, they don't even know they are spammers. Spanners.

Where did all that religious stuff come from?! :?

in light of the very strong possibility of the member being a spammer I would like to withdraw my recommendation of the almax and instead recommend this much superior chain :mrgreen:

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/62524/62524,1288907464,1/stock-photo-bad-security-concept-with-old-metal-chain-padlock-and-blue-rope-isolated-on-white-64400218.jpg