Said goodbye to cigarettes after 35 years .... YAY

polecat

Forgot how many times I tried to give up and failed, feels like I was born smoking

Had tried every type of NRT - patches, gum, inhaler, lozenges, cold turkey none of them worked :crybaby:

Now the bit that sounds like an advert :roll:

A friend at work told me to have a puff on a long silver thing with a bit like a smokers pipe on the end ?

I was amazed how much like smoking it was and found it hard to believe it was actually Vapour, so I went home and researched E-cigarettes and E-Juice and went and ordered myself a Phonton Tank :shock:

Anyway Soon as it arrived I smoked my last cigarette and have not touched one since (3 weeks !)

The longest I lasted previously was 4 days and I was like a bag full of tigers for three of them :evil:

The crazy thing is I can not even entertain the idea of smoking a cigarette since starting on Vaping

The health benefits speak for themselves but the money I am now saving is huge not to mention the fact is I am no longer paying backy tax to the government anymore (which feels Very good !)

The reason for this post is none other than if one person reads this and Converts from smoking to Vaping and lives longer then it will be worth while :cheers:

Good work mate, these e-lights seem to be taking off now. Some people at my work who have had similar past when comes to smoking as you have gone onto them and given up real cigarettes. I bet the companies who make cigarettes are getting a bit worried about it.

Good work mate, these e-lights seem to be taking off now. Some people at my work who have had similar past when comes to smoking as you have gone onto them and given up real cigarettes. I bet the companies who make cigarettes are getting a bit worried about it.

Some countries banned them which I can only believe is because a) they loose tobacco tax and b) because the large companies which produce Nicotine patches and the like are loosing money, not to mention the big deals done between them and the NHS to promote NRT products on the National Health (which only have something like a 20% rate of success )

I think the man who invented this product should get a Nobel prize for the potential Lives he will no doubt save :cheers:

I bet the companies who make cigarettes are getting a bit worried about it.

British American Tobacco are trying to develop their own and get it registered as an official stop smoking aid...

Well done Pole, keep it up! :cheers:

Nice one mate....... 8-)

Funnily I was thinking the other day about the effect that smoking could have on drivers......it is after all a relaxant.....so can it impair reaction times? Just thinking is all....... :wink:

Well done its a big ask l'm sure! My brother has not long packed up, he's putting the money he use to spend on fags in a jar! he's gob smacked on how much he was spending a month on fags

Well done :thumb:

Now join a gym for all the weight you will pile on :lol: :lol: :lol:

It works lol

Wish I could get wife to stop but I'm coming upto a year, did it before and started again not this time totally over it, no stop smoking aids required.

Well done for quitting.

i think it was 2006 or 2007 i quit. i was a 20 a day person and it was the days before e-cigs.

what i did was to chart 3 different distinct good reasons for giving up, then pinned a chart to the kitchen door. each day without a cig, i got to mark on the chart with a big X, if i cocked up that day, i put a banana on there (slip up lol). the important thing was even if I slipped up, the next day was a new day. i think i managed about 6 weeks without a slip up. then had the very occasional cig for a couple of years after. I don't think i've touched a cig since about 2009 and the thought of it now makes me wretch a little!

I still refuse to be one of those ex-smokers that refuses to be around other smokers, so if my friends go out for a cig at a bar, i will go with them - just not smoke. I only have a couple of friends who smoke regular.

I don't mind the occasional cigar!

the short of it is, don't give up giving up. so cliché, but so true! well done so far!

Nice one mate....... 8-)

Funnily I was thinking the other day about the effect that smoking could have on drivers......it is after all a relaxant.....so can it impair reaction times? Just thinking is all....... :wink:

Funny enough Tango I did some research on Nicotine and it actually increases reactions considerably :)

Thanks for all the comments BTW :cheers:

Nice one mate....... 8-)

Funny enough Tango I did some research on Nicotine and it actually increases reactions considerably :)

Thanks for all the comments BTW :cheers:

So....it increases or decreases reaction times then?......Just curious......could of course look it up myself...... :lol: :lol:

Good One Adrian.

Is this a long term alternative or a stop gap?

well funny you should ask but I have read about people wanting to give up "vaping" but apparently its easier than giving up smoking.

The plan is to keep off the smokes as long as possible using the E cigarette then reduce the nicotine down to 0 gradually !

Still hard because I miss the arsenic, formaldehyde, lead, hydrogen cyanide, nitrogen oxide, carbon monoxide and ammonia quiet a lot still :lol:

Well done! the best bit will be when you no longer have to put nicotine into your body - then you will be truly free.

I quit 12 years ago, long before E-fags were available. I did it cold turkey and it was awful! Mind you, the experience of just how much power nicotine had over my body and made me never want to go back, not even for a single puff of a cigarette.

Keep it up! Im about 6 months or so in myself but I cut down to 3 cigs a day for 3 months before stopping. Exercise really helped mr when I was in the grips of withdrawal!

You will feel a real difference around the 3 month mark health wise :D

• 5 weeks later...

I gave up smoking in 1975 after being a 30 a day man.

I gave up because I could no longer afford the 30 pence a packet of

20 Players no6 as I had a morgage of £8,000

Sadly my brother Dave (Lonely Old Dave) a member on here for many years

lost his short battle with lung cancer in July 2012. :angel12:

He gave them up about 20 years ago but the damage was already done.

He loved riding his bikes :love: if you smoke think long and hard when you light the next one.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p52/loneleybob/Last%20rideout%20of%202011/PB130009.jpg

I gave up smoking in 1975 after being a 30 a day man.

I gave up because I could no longer afford the 30 pence a packet of

20 Players no6 as I had a morgage of £8,000

Sadly my brother Dave (Lonely Old Dave) a member on here for many years

lost his short battle with lung cancer in July 2012. :angel12:

He gave them up about 20 years ago but the damage was already done.

He loved riding his bikes :love: if you smoke think long and hard when you light the next one.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p52/loneleybob/Last%20rideout%20of%202011/PB130009.jpg

I'm really sorry to hear about your brother mate....... :(

Yep...the best solution is not to start in the first place...... :wink: