Bloody hell I need a cig.

min200

Been a couple of weeks since I quit and my word I am screaming for a cig at the moment!

Deep breathes, don't kill the kids, the wife isn't being mean on purpose it's just me being touchy...

anybody need someone killing? that might make me feel better :shock: :lol: :lol:

Been a couple of weeks since I quit and my word I am screaming for a cig at the moment!

Deep breathes, don't kill the kids, the wife isn't being mean on purpose it's just me being touchy...

anybody need someone killing? that might make me feel better :shock: :lol: :lol:

The one fact that helped me stop many years ago now was that apparently the cravings only last for 30 seconds and I figured that I could deal with 30seconds at a time...good luck :)

When you've sorted Matty's "problem" I have a nomination also..... :wink:

I'm curious & Matty's nomination too :D

The cravings WILL recede, it will take determination, but stick with it, whatever motivated you to stop is something to keep focusing on.

willpower my friend willpower nothing can substitute it it does get better i went from 20 + a day to zero overnight no help from anything

Precisely, someone on here actually said the e CIG made it worse!

Ollie did it with determination.

If it's of any help, I've ALWAYS wished my dad would've given up. He's a hardcore chain smoker - I used to have to keep my school blazer in the garage so it wouldn't smell, our house stunk, his teeth are progressively going black and dropping out, his smoking fingers are yellow and my grandad's recently been told he's not got long to live since it was revealed recently he has lung cancer and has done for some time.

Also - I highly recommend you use this calculator; work out how much you spend on ciggys a week, set up a direct debit/standing order and put the money into savings, treat yourself every month or so :cheers: . And there's usually interesting info on how after so many years your lungs go back to normal and risk of cancer/heart problems etc decreases. Good luck and keep at it!

Been a tough day again today i'm sure they are getting harder but hey ho another day down.

I have to admit the gym is getting easier...more oxygen my system I suppose!

Moo I never smoked in the house it bloody stinks, well that and the fact I wouldn't do that to my kids. Smoking was always my choice not theirs :wink:

Wifey gave up smoking about 6 months back and we do save a fortune :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I only smoked 3 a day so didn't smoke a great deal but wifey used to smoke 10!

I gave up about 25 years ago and there were no "giving up" aids back then. What I did find helped a lot was that after every meal or cuppa I would brush my teeth, I carried one of those little travel kits about, and it definitely helped relieve the after dinner cravings.

I now loathe and detest the smell of ciggies and am bemused by the hoards of people in work who go out into the rain every hour or so.

I hope this helps.

You only smoked 3 a day and your having trouble..

Im screwed then..

Im on 12.5g pouch a day, or 40 tailors... Which ever i decide i want that day.. :shock:

I don't think its the amount you smoke just the fact you get a bit obsessed about having one when you stop!

Im drinking water when I get a strong craving and also getting up and doing something else to take my mind off of it.

Go on give it a go you can do it! There is one strange side effect from quitting that no one told me about though...Im horny as hell :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

12.5 pouch a day is what I was on, worked nights in a petrol station so most of it was boredom. Made it a moo to quit as all night I would have people coming in for 20 b&h :lol:

Both of you quitting in the same year?

My lord! Brave and congrats to you both :shock:

Keep at it mate, just remember we're all routing for you.. :thumb:

Can't imagine the talk you'll give your girls if they were ever to start up :lol: