Anyone

Roadtorque

I've always found several doses of glass cleaner does the job eventually John - but as I hardly ever clean my car I'm no expert!!

They do say that warm soapy water with vinegar in is good for cleaning windows, and using newspaper to polish them. :-)

warm soapy water with vinegar in is good for cleaning windows, and using newspaper to polish them. :-)

:stupid:

This works well - You don't really need a newspaper - any fairly stiff cloth (lint free) is good (chamois leather is probably the best??). Halfrauds even sell a glass polishing 'sponge'.

:cheers:

warm soapy water with vinegar in is good for cleaning windows, and using newspaper to polish them. :-)

:stupid:

This works well - You don't really need a newspaper - any fairly stiff cloth (lint free) is good (chamois leather is probably the best??). Halfrauds even sell a glass polishing 'sponge'.

:cheers:

You can't beat an old newspaper for polishing glass.... :booty:

whats clagg and why is all over the inside of your windscreen?? :shock: :mrgreen:

vinegar and newspaper is great at cleaning grease off of glass but your car will smell like a chippy. try wonder wipes to get rid of the grease or even a bit of fairy liquid soapy water. then glass cleaner to get rid of the smears.

alternatively, stop clagging all over your windscreen :D

Hey this is a bike forum

Not a car forum :-P

I use either meths, but it smells, or brake cleaner. It also smells but only for half hour. Both work very well at 'declagging'. Then autoglym glass cleaner for a streak free shine :)

Point to note. Spray brake cleaner on a rag not the screen! It will damage the dash if it drops all over it. Also if the screen is hot in the sun a cold spray like that could crack it?? Not sure but I'd avoid it to save finding out the hard way.

tea bag in warm water. not as noxious smelling as vinegar and doesn't leave streaks.

I tried tea bagging but it didn't have the desired results. To be honest, I was going to try and get a skidmark gag in there too but I can't stop giggling at the moment. :D

Otherwise, I use Autoglym glass polish -it's got a fine abrasive in it which gets the gunk off nicely and it polishes off loads easier than other creams. And it smells nice.