Weight Loss Part 3

asharin

I'm too lazy to dig up and find the old threads on the subject and necro post on them, so new one it is :D

I've now reached my third target weight and am now 12 and a half stone!

Now...do I set the new target at 12 stone dead, or go for 11 and a half? :D

start a progressive weightlifting routine whilst you're still slightly above your target weight (stronglifts or starting strength are good places to start) then control your diet to take in 500 fewer calories than your body needs a day, and you'll lose fat and gain some muscle.

edit: well done for losing the weight as well!

Nice one on reaching your target!

If your happy with your weight but just want to tone it up a bit then I strongly recommended that you don't drop your calorie intake! If you do then it'll be really hard to lose the love handles and even harder to tone/gain muscle mass! :-)

Well I'm around 14½ stone at the moment and am trying to reach my target weight of 16 stone in time for Christmas so I'm off down the pub and then the chippy on the way home. :D

Great work buddy!

I'm on my way back down, too.

Started off at 10st 7lbs. Three years of powerlifting built that up to 14st 2lbs.

Now, after lots of 10k and half-marathon training, I'm down to 13st 4lbs with a goal of 13st dead, whilst maintaining strength.

It's a long hard road, but the results will be worth it bud!

Great work buddy!

Started off at 10st 7lbs. Three years of powerlifting built that up to 14st 2lbs.

Now, after lots of 10k and half-marathon training, I'm down to 13st 4lbs with a goal of 13st dead, whilst maintaining strength.

Ha! I hear you on that one bud - I went bonkers on fitness - went from 11 stone to 14 1/2 in a few years. Then I realised my life was shite because I was always in the gym so packed it in about 2 years ago.

I'm nowhere near fit or buff anymore but I've rediscovered beer and crisps! :-)

Also, being off the protein stuff means my farts are slightly less intolerable.

I am trying to put weight on!

Back in 2011 I fell to my lowest weight, 10 stone 3 pounds.

It could have got lower but I decided to do something about it and started going to the gym mid 2012.

So I've been training for 14-15 months or so,

Last weighting saw me at 13 stone 3 pounds, which is exactly a 3 stone gain.

Being tall it's hard to show off but I'm not a boney mess anymore.

I used Florida to build some fat to fuel more, I want to hit 14 stone and then I'll be happy and just maintain it.

It's a hard road ahead so well done! Reading that I get a bit more motivation to push on, and reading Moo's has given me a bad craving for Maryland! Need fuel for the fire I suppose!

Great work buddy!

Ha! I hear you on that one bud - I went bonkers on fitness - went from 11 stone to 14 1/2 in a few years. Then I realised my life was shite because I was always in the gym so packed it in about 2 years ago.

I'm nowhere near fit or buff anymore but I've rediscovered beer and crisps! :-)

Also, being off the protein stuff means my farts are slightly less intolerable.

can understand this, i was in to weight training/strong man training for years, got up to 13 stone at one point, was really strong for my size... then had to have a bit of surgery last year, and due to what i had done dropped down to 8st 10!

Back up to 10st now, but it's hard bloody work training these days, especially with a kid and full time job, i honestly don't know how people do it!!! was alright back in my teens/early 20's, all the time in the world to spend working out.

Plus side of last years op is that i can't eat like i used to, and have got a much better diet, so body fat is very low... look quite 'cut' as they say in the trade :mrgreen:

Anyway... to the OP, good effort! keep going, and as others have said, a bit of weight lifting will help lower your weight, from what i remember, the more muscle you have the more calories your body burns.

Good luck with it!

OMG, all this talk of weightloss is really making me hanker for some double chocolate Marylands...

....*currently dipping into tea*

Well done! :mrgreen:

Need any help?

:angel12:

If you think they'd last more than 2 minutes, you're wrong!

But I'd get ya tea and biccies 'specially any day Gog! :angel1:

Yeah I am almost half the man I used to be lol :D

Feel much better for it :D Dropped the running to every other day now instead of every day as just maintaning weight not trying to lose more.

Going to start doing more press ups and sit ups to work on other muscles now :D I refuse to pay money to go to a gym when I know damn well I can do it all myself (have done so far)

The new girlfriend helps too, as she's a horse trainer so often end up helping her and it's quite hard work lol :D She helps in other ways too, but those are best left unsaid..or at least in the adults only section!

I do think you'll be wasting your time with sit ups, your better doing body weight exercises that work your core or just simple weight lifting, can be done at home with very little outlay.

I recently moved away from cardio and onto weight machines first now adding free weights as i have dumbells and a barbell at home so I dont have to rely on the gym.

Depends on what you want to do, whether you can do it at home.

If you just want to get into shape, perfectly possible.

If you want to get STRONG, then the gym's the best bet, unless you have a power rack and 200kg+ of weights lol

I do think you'll be wasting your time with sit ups, your better doing body weight exercises that work your core or just simple weight lifting, can be done at home with very little outlay.

I recently moved away from cardio and onto weight machines first now adding free weights as i have dumbells and a barbell at home so I dont have to rely on the gym.

Crunches are great if done slowly. A couple of kettlebells are great for core stuff - just google kettle bell exercises and loads of stuff will come up.

From my experience, I'd avoid buying loads of gear. Big expense, takes up loads of space and once you get in to it it's really addictive which will really piss off your other half!