other hobbies

cockercas

• 6 months later...

An update.

I had to give up archery as right shoulder tendon has given up for the 4th time. Bows and equipment sold.

Model rail at 00 gauge is more suitable to me now.

Helping other half in garden - she's green fingered.

resurrecting old threads .... oh no wait, that wasn't me.

ok I enjoy sarcasm....anything to do with cats or dogs

sculpting real life replica babies from polymer clay( that's not even slightly weird , trust me )

mostly my hobbies revolve around motorsports on tv , and anything that doesn't involve having to get dressed :D

sculpting real life replica babies from polymer clay( that's not even slightly weird , trust me )

It sounds quite weird :lol: Those freak me out a bit - but so do real babies so....

mostly my hobbies revolve around motorsports on tv , and anything that doesn't involve having to get dressed

Now this I can get on board with! :thumb:

mostly my hobbies revolve around motorsports on tv , and anything that doesn't involve having to get dressed :D

Hey, cats back :cheers:

I don't know if I really count any of my varied interests as hobbies. I enjoy photography, walking, cycling, gaming (both board and video).

I guess my main hobby would be looking after ZaZu, my Senegal parrot. This will be our 12th year together. I don't know what age she is, as she was an adult when I got her. But at a guess I would say she is late teens early 20's. She is quite possibly older than me though! Took 7 years for her to become tame, but she is fantastic :-)

19877388279_947f8f45e3_z.jpg

https://youtu.be/ZEvA8m8dM08

Lol! I've heard quakers can be a right handful most of the time! Zazu is very placid compared to most parrots I have met or heard of. Very like me, totally laid back about most things :mrgreen:

never went away...just being quiet for a while ( yeah unusual for me I know )...nice to know you missed me :P

never went away...just being quiet for a while ( yeah unusual for me I know )...nice to know you missed me :P

Always :3some:

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I'm lucky that my main hobby is also my job but when I'm not doing that I like to make scale model kits, I'm currently working on a Mkii Spitfire, these are the last two I completed..808363044_2016-03-1012_56_22s.jpg.35ec7c98ab914ccfcc1f1d1121d84e7c.jpg892671958_2016-03-1013_03_04s.thumb.jpg.120e21cc0de8e33683193bdc2ed262ab.jpg1567542842_2016-03-3110_04_58a.thumb.jpg.073cd74b65abcf537569db545979ab83.jpg

:cheers:

Well in the past I have been into plastic model making, cars, aeroplanes, boats, then into building wooden boats, R/C boats, subs. then on to R/C aeroplanes, scale and aerobatic, Then R/C helicopters electric and fuel. (still got two of them) Then into full bore pistol and rifle shooting. (had a few guns in the past) always wanted a Broomhandle mauser but never did. Then archery, field shooting with longbow and target with a recurve. (Strangely I am right handed but shoot a bow left handed?? go figure. Then got into Scuba diving and spent many years underwater gaining Dive supervisor certificate and club instructor not to mention underwater photography and boat handling instructor. A back injury made me give that up. :( Then into wood work and furniture making which turned into my employment so got into motorbikes after a long lay off of 30 odd years. Loving the bikes and just have one more thing on my bucket list which I intend to do this year and that is have a flight in a Tiger Moth. I am sure I will find some more before I pop my clogs though. :lol:

It sounds quite weird :lol: Those freak me out a bit - but so do real babies so....

I'm pretty sure I've told Cat before that her model babies terrify me! :eek2:

However her Dogs were about the best dogs I'd ever met :mrgreen:

And there's a picture somewhere of me laid out on her sofa with two tiny kitties sitting on me.. Bliss :love:

Arwen, your parrot is so sweet!

We used to have an African grey timneh.. Evil little bugger but I still loved it to pieces..

(We could never work out if it was a boy or girl!)

Scuba diving is my main hobby. I am a qualified Dive Leader & Assistant Instructor with BSAC.

I also have my own speedboat, Fletcher 17ft with 130hp V4 1700cc 2-stroke

Is that the Yamaha V4? I used to have the 115hp V4 2 stroke on a 5.4 searider RIB. It was bullet proof and good for 45 knotts. I had to rebuild the transom to take the engine though as it was only rated to 90hp 2 stroke.

I'm not a diver myself as I have a heart problem that would make it very easy to get the bends. I have been the jockey for a few dive trips though and the searider was great as the hull floads giving it a very low, stable profile.