<t>How often do you go above the speed limits on your bike</t>  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you go above the speed limits on your bike

• Never
    • Now and then
    • Half the rides I'm on
    • Regularly
    • Every ride

I think the problem is.. it's so EASY to just have your throttle turned a little more than you mean to and be doing 40 in a 30 before you look at your speedo and realise.

I think the problem is.. it's so EASY to just have your throttle turned a little more than you mean to and be doing 40 in a 30 before you look at your speedo and realise.

This.

I actually slowed down for a roundabout, thinking I was slowing from 30 to about 20 to take it. Looking down at the speedo I ended up taking the roundabout at 30, so not quite sure how fast I was to begin with

I speed because I ride at a speed that's relevant to the conditions of the road. if there's a school there, I ride at 20mph. if it's an open lane, but the speed limit is 30, i will ride at 40. if it's an open country road, but the speed limit is 50, i will ride at 60-65. It depends on the conditions of the road though. if it's a high traffic area, i will stick to the speed limits - but only because it's sensible to do so at that time! (larger differentials of speed is more dangerous than a high overall speed).

Nothing like giving ammunition to the police as to reasons why they chase bikers and have unmarked cars and bikes to catch you out!!

Yeah, I'd rather not do the poll tbh! I'm sure the majority of car drivers aren't angels either :lol:

Nothing like giving ammunition to the police as to reasons why they chase bikers and have unmarked cars and bikes to catch you out!!

Yeah, I'd rather not do the poll tbh! I'm sure the majority of car drivers aren't angels either :lol:

I'm sure you're right. As long as we drive/ride at speeds appropriate to the conditions of the road, and don't tear around like demented morons, the police shouldn't have much to say!

Nothing like giving ammunition to the police as to reasons why they chase bikers and have unmarked cats and bikes to catch you out!!

You spend most of your time now days staring at the speedo instead of having a full radar and heads up for what's happing on the road. Silly making comments on a web site of shenanigans you've been getting up to. May as well put your head in a loose and pull the rope!

I'm sure you're right. As long as we drive/ride at speeds appropriate to the conditions of the road, and don't tear around like demented morons, the police shouldn't have much to say!

I'am afraid you can't make your own rules Mate? And some police forces now are operating a zero tolerance.

Nothing like giving ammunition to the police as to reasons why they chase bikers and have unmarked cats and bikes to catch you out!!

You spend most of your time now days staring at the speedo instead of having a full radar and heads up for what's happing on the road. Silly making comments on a web site of shenanigans you've been getting up to. May as well put your head in a loose and pull the rope!

You're making me all nervous now! Mr rozzer, please don't prosecute me with absolutely no hard evidence at all. Mind you, there's a lot of people about at the moment on facebook at twitter being hauled off through the courts for tasteless comments...

You're making me all nervous now! Mr rozzer, please don't prosecute me with absolutely no hard evidence at all. Mind you, there's a lot of people about at the moment on facebook at twitter being hauled off through the courts for tasteless comments...

sigh!!!!

who said anything about getting prosecuted???

read my first reply

looks like I will have to explain it :roll:

you are all posting on a public open forum what you get up to which means ANYONE can read it so if the rozzers see this and start reading other forums to see what bikers get up to and gather evidence off these forums of what you are getting up to the can use that to say that they need to buy X amount of new unmarked cars vans bikes and a new helicopter to catch you lot which also leads to more and more covert operations against bikers

add that to the fact that you advertise where abouts you live and what roads you have ridden then you could easily find yourself screwed when they decide to do covert in your area

I understand you fully Stu which is why I never go above 20 just to be safe, I also wear a day glow bodysuit and am strongly considering touring the scrapyards to try and find some 80's style leg protecters to retrofit :thumb:

Let's be honest stu, the police are well aware that the large majority of road users speed every time they get in a vehicle, I'm sure they don't need to be reading forums to gather evidence for anything, hell even coppers speed.

If anything it just shows how ridiculous modern limits are, let alone where they are positioned.

Let's be honest stu, the police are well aware that the large majority of road users speed every time they get in a vehicle, I'm sure they don't need to be reading forums to gather evidence for anything, hell even coppers speed.

If anything it just shows how ridiculous modern limits are, let alone where they are positioned.

this is true but it doesn't mean that its OK to shout it from the roof tops :wink:

Yeah but, if you're only on one wheel, you have to half the speedo reading as only half the bike is speeding on the public highway... If you can get airborne you're not even on the highway so can go as fast as you like...... Allegedly...

my 2 penneth, if you're having to constantly look at the speedo...youre in the wrong bloody gear

actually if I'm doing that then chances are its because there is too many speed cameras about :lol: :lol:

I had to do a "Speed Awareness Course" at a cost of £85 in order to avoid the dreaded points. Since then, I rarely go out of 3rd gear in the 30s as it helps keep the speed down a bit - that's car and bike! It means I just have to listen to engine noise rather than concentrate on the speedo.

I had to do a "Speed Awareness Course" at a cost of £85 in order to avoid the dreaded points. Since then, I rarely go out of 3rd gear in the 30s as it helps keep the speed down a bit - that's car and bike! It means I just have to listen to engine noise rather than concentrate on the speedo.

I get into the highest gear possible (4/5 or 6) to reduce the chance of my speed creeping up.. My cars and bikes will all easily creep up to 40mph if I leave them in 3rd.