Hatton Garden Jewlery heist

Adam

I know it's old news now but recently 8 people have been arrested and charged and a significant amount of high value items have been recovered.

Now is it just me or did it all seem too easy? I mean these guys planned and carried out the perfect robbery getting away with £200m worth, yet they kept the loot at home.. I have a feeling they only went in there to steal a certain item and the rest was just to throw investigators off the scent. Maybe there were some bigger players involved and the guys they've caught are paid to take the blame, after all I believe the youngest was 48! I can't imagine absailing down a lift shaft with heavy machinery can be easy at that age.

What's your thoughts?

I have found it all a bit strange too. Like you said if going to steal that amount of stuff, you would have planned how to get it out of the country and all of you disappear. Why go to such great extent to plan the actual robbery but not what happens after?

They knew they were quite chilled about it all at the time and therefore likely the police would have plenty of evidence to track them down. It's like they have just been waiting to be caught.

There is something else going on there but unsure we will ever find out. Hope they make a movie about it anyway! Perfect role for Michael Caine!

I had to admire the ages of the guys involved in it! That is some achievement for a 75 year old to abseil down a lift shaft loaded with gear! :shock: just hope I am that fit at his age. :lol: Got to admit though it does seem strange to go to all that trouble with such a well executed plan only to have it let down by not thinking it through to the end? More to it than meets the eye for sure. :?

The high value items they recovered at one of the addresses has got to be identified by the owners ,

most of the stuff in the boxes was probably nicked in the first place lol

Some one grassed on em for sure I reckon.

I think it's interesting that one of the blokes who was 76 and his son were arrested at their house that cost £850,000. Why would a 76 year old bloke who is quite well off take part in a heist. Seems a bit weird if you ask me.

Maybe they thought they were so far off the radar it wasn't a risk keeping the loot at their homes ?

There'll be a film about it in a few years :wink: We've already got the film title :lol:

I like the Sun headline the other day. "Diamond Wheezers". :mrgreen:

Or, Wheezers Eleven, well eight

I think it's interesting that one of the blokes who was 76 and his son were arrested at their house that cost £850,000. Why would a 76 year old bloke who is quite well off take part in a heist. Seems a bit weird if you ask me.

Career criminals I reckon as soon as the ages were released I guesses there probably "known faces" from the oldschool mobs.

I think the 76 year old did time over involment in the brinks mat Google his name

I think the 76 year old did time over involment in the brinks mat Google his name

Yeah your right:

"He (Kenneth Noye) and fellow crook Brian Reader were acquitted of murder after pleading self-defence but 11 gold bars were discovered hidden beside Noye's garage wall. The pair of them were jailed for conspiracy to handle stolen goods."

Yeah your right:

"He (Kenneth Noye) and fellow crook Brian Reader were acquitted of murder after pleading self-defence but 11 gold bars were discovered hidden beside Noye's garage wall. The pair of them were jailed for conspiracy to handle stolen goods."

And Noye was the one who got sent down for stabbing someone to death in a road rage incident, they had to put his fiancee in to witness protection due to Noyes associates [emoji20]

And Noye was the one who got sent down for stabbing someone to death in a road rage incident, they had to put his fiancee in to witness protection due to Noyes associates [emoji20]

So he's killed 2 people on separate occasion's :roll: . I know Noye isn't involved in the hatton garden heist but the fact that one of the blokes was mates with him sort of changes my view on it. I don't know why but I was hoping they would get away with it but they are just scum bags really and they would have killed someone if it came to that.

But if they're career criminals then it would've been out the country the same day, they aren't stupid which leads me to believe it was a job given to them to steal one specific piece and take the fall for it should it come to it. You never know they might have an off shore account somewhere with a few hundred thousand in it waiting for them when they come out as a thank you.

Just seems fishy to me.

At that age they know that their next stop is a 'retirement' home. Well, they know that in prison they will get a hot meal twice a day, daily access to medical facilities, won't be left lying in their own shit for a day because some minimum wage temp can't be bothered to clean them up, they will be warm, have a clean room. a library and activities laid on and cost them f.a. and won't have to sell their houses to pay for their care. Care, hah what a f**king laugh.

Not much of a choice if you ask me. Crime doesn't pay? My arse.